Brewer Fanatic

Brewers to announce largest-ever capital project at Miller Park (Latest: multimillion dollar concessions project, post 74)

1992casey
After the initial wave of people simply checking it out, I'll be curious how popular/successful it is.

Yeah agreed on this, I'd much rather have a nice beer over a lite, and would often grab a Riverwest Stein or something the past few years at the park, but as I recall it would be a couple extra bucks over a lite rather than $12-14. I'm sure there are people in the org smarter than me that have pegged those prices as the sweet spot to maximize profit, but it does seem they may be pushing it a bit...

I am not Shea Vucinich

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outside of lines due to the vouchers, I thought the new layout was outstanding! Very open, a lot of options, by far much more visually appealing. Don't get the "disaster." Give 14,000 & 15,300 free food, of course lines will be an issue.

Hard to complain about price, you know the outrageous cost before walk in the door. Overall, at end of the day, it is a business & their goal is to make money. There is a reason you tailgate.

What I will complain about is AJ Bombers new reduced menu (only 2 burgers) for all their concession stands because it excludes My peanut butter bacon burger.... wasn't pleased. Lol only knock

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

With no particular offense intended toward the Brewers, as soon as I was aware that the March 31 and April 1 vouchers were intended for use only at those games, I figured there would be problems for thrifty fans who by gum were going to spend the $10 they were given BUT who didn't want to spend multiple innings in concession lines. At least some of the concessions employees were bound to be new, the setup was new, the new concessions were ultra hyped, and everyone had "free money." That is a formula for difficulties.

I didn't even leave my seat once I was at Saturday's game, because (1) we'd had some food in the parking lot; (2) I knew the lines would be like that early in the season; and (3) because the exhibition game allowed us to get seats right by the Brewers' dugout for not an arm and a leg, and I was not going to waste innings of that experience waiting for food. So I am glad we have $20 to spend sometime this season.

Before most weeknight games, we eat on the way to MP, but we do usually opt for ballpark food on Sundays. I doubt that the new offerings will change our pattern dramatically.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

What I will complain about is AJ Bombers new reduced menu (only 2 burgers) for all their concession stands because it excludes My peanut butter bacon burger.... wasn't pleased. Lol only knock

That is indeed pretty lame. The "Barrie Burger" was one of my favorites.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Verified Member
out of curiosity, to those that were there this weekend or yesterday, was pricing much higher for food items

I say those trying to save a buck are going to pay more but overall the pricing is better then you fair it would be.

out of curiosity, to those that were there this weekend or yesterday, was pricing much higher for food items

The small sample of items I've perused since Monday would suggest...yes.

Baked potatoes were all $7.25 last year and are now either $9 or $11, depending on the toppings selected.

Kettle Corn (which used to be a hefty Happy Jack's bag for $6) is now a 5 or 5.5 oz bag of Badger Popcorn, selling for $8.50. The Brewers moved away from Happy Jack's by the 2016 season, and admittedly I don't know what they charged last year.

Since we were at Saturday's exhibition game and didn't use our food vouchers that day, we haven't paid full price for any item yet.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

$8.75 for a large draft macrobrew. Hot dogs are $5.50 and brats are $5.75. Polish was $7 I believe. I had two hot dogs on Friday and although they weren't exactly warm they're of a better quality this year. But as I've said before grab any sausage off any random grill in the parking lot and it's always going to taste better than what you get inside at six times the price.

If you bring your own bag of food in the game, can it be hotdogs/brats from the parking lot?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If you bring your own bag of food in the game, can it be hotdogs/brats from the parking lot?

Yes I THINK food can be opened items, but liquids must be closed.

When I go I have never done this but just tinfoiling up a bunch of dogs and brats and bagging it might be a great way to save on some cash.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Liquids have to be sealed. I have yet to see any food get turned away. A few years ago we sat by a guy who brought in a whole bucket of KFC.

Liquids have to be sealed. I have yet to see any food get turned away. A few years ago we sat by a guy who brought in a whole bucket of KFC.

Oh wow. I went to a movie a few weeks back and someone snuck in buffalo wings (from BWW) and beer a row in front of me. I thought about saying something because they were a bit rowdy but I just tipped my cap to them for getting away with it.

I feel robbed now that one time they made me throw out an opened bag of chips.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Haha saw Red Lobster once.

the tacos were good and the brats were the same as always: underwhelming and yet delicious.

Did they have taco's before? Tuesday night was the first time I ever got tacos at Miller park and probably the last. Maybe it was the stand I went to, which was horribly run (one guy making tacos, 4 registers, and the people at the registers just yelling out what kind of tacos they needed - of course, the person at my register was not very assertive with her order request). The tacos I got were very very skimpy, hardly any meat.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Verified Member
The tacos I got were very very skimpy, hardly any meat.

Not totally unexpected. It is just the first few games still running the new concessions stands and with all the new places of sale there has to be allot of new people working there first games and you know how it is they come in thinking better do it the way I'm told.

You can trust the deeper into the season they get they will start sloping it out more.

Yeah the taco folks had no idea what was going on. I was in an hour early so there was nobody in the lines and it still took forever. I would imagine that would improve as the season goes on.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived