Brewer Fanatic

Brewers to announce largest-ever capital project at Miller Park (Latest: multimillion dollar concessions project, post 74)

1992casey
I think I've finally reached my breaking point with the beer prices

http://milwaukeerecord.com/food-drink/take-a-look-at-miller-parks-new-local-brews-bar/

yeah last season it was 850? for a 24 oz miller lite and now it appears to be 10 bucks for a 16 ounce draft, that is an insane increase.

Also i did enjoy getting a craft beer can, but those were 8-9 bucks last season and now 10-14 on draft.

this seems like a very large price increase, i know beer prices have risen a quarter or 50 cents a season, but this is a large increase in 1 season.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to the game against the White Sox tomorrow night. I'll report back with my findings as far as the rest of the prices go.

it would be nice to just put those in the paper, the brewers want all the positive press of their new food offerings but won't advertise the prices until you go to a game to see.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm a 53 year old who loves craft beers (not an IPA guy - more dark beer and malty stuff). That said, I haven't bought a beer at the ball park in probably a decade because of the price. If I want a beer, I have one in the parking lot or stop at a bar before (or after) the game. Much cheaper.

I will pay for food - but I don't go crazy - a brat and fries or something like that.

I'm a 53 year old who loves craft beers (not an IPA guy - more dark beer and malty stuff). That said, I haven't bought a beer at the ball park in probably a decade because of the price. If I want a beer, I have one in the parking lot or stop at a bar before (or after) the game. Much cheaper.

I will pay for food - but I don't go crazy - a brat and fries or something like that.

I'm just the opposite - I'd much rather tailgate or eat at home than buy food in the park. But I'll always have a beer or three while I'm there. The prices are high, but the Brewers still have the most liberal carry-in policy I think I've ever seen.

Beer prices are crazy but until people stop paying them, they will continue to be what they are. As much as I like to have a beer at a ball game, I'm there to watch a game and it doesn't bother me one bit that they overprice themselves out of selling me a beer.

I do like to overspend on some nachos though.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm going to the game against the White Sox tomorrow night. I'll report back with my findings as far as the rest of the prices go.

I'm going as well. Very curious to see these multi-million dollar concession stands. Now if I can only figure out which hat I'm supposed to wear...

so did they get rid of the chorizo? I didn't see it on the menus they put out yesterday.

I'm excited to check out the new beers. Living in the Chicago area, I don't get up to as many games as I'd like to so I have no problem paying up for something good.

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

so did they get rid of the chorizo? I didn't see it on the menus they put out yesterday.

I'm excited to check out the new beers. Living in the Chicago area, I don't get up to as many games as I'd like to so I have no problem paying up for something good.

Wouldn't the chorizo make an appearance in the Klements stand?

Is it acceptable to buy a Lakefront if you're wearing a Leinenkugel's hat?

Just checked the Cardinals-like rulebook on hat wearing. Yes, you're fine there. But you may NOT buy a Miller Lite wearing a Bud hat.

Also, no Chorizo because his hat was too cliché

I feel so old when I'm saying this (I'm 36), but my friends and I are SO done with all the darn hipsters and their pale ales and IPA's. Such awful beers, and they dominate the menus in so many locations these days.

totally agree. Some places you can't just get a normal beer anymore and everything is slowed down because people need to have a discussion about what these beers are, then sample before buying. Overall I really hate the smugness associated with it, even as simply as describing them as 'good' beers while turning the nose up at basic lite beer. I mean, the stuff is intentionally made to be bitter and even many advocates admit they can't drink more than a couple. Why are they so much better, because they charge way more and tell you it's better?

To each their own, I don't care, do your thing and I'll do mine. But don't act all smug about it as if I'm a heathen for liking normal beer and then try to continually push this stuff on me and say I'll like it if I try it. No, I won't. A few times after being friendly for a while of someone pushing something and telling some dumb story about how it's so good they can only sell 6 at a time because it sells out so quickly because it's so good type stories blah blah. Eventually I just say, yea I get that problem. High Life is so good and was in so much demand they actually decided they should mass produce millions and millions per year.

For me, I don't like the beer prices but I am able to justify buying one. Here's why: Part of the ball game tradition I grew up with is bringing a big bag of peanuts to the game. For me, peanuts in the shell are just part of the experience of a Brewers game. Obviously they create a thirst that must be quenched with something. Pop costs 5-6 bucks and I don't even like it. So for a few dollars more I can get a beer. Therefore, I prefer to think of it as a 24oz beer costs $3 at Miller Park. With that said though, if those prices are indicative of the hikes all around, I think it is time to re-think my cost analysis for 2017 games.

I feel so old when I'm saying this (I'm 36), but my friends and I are SO done with all the darn hipsters and their pale ales and IPA's. Such awful beers, and they dominate the menus in so many locations these days.

totally agree. Some places you can't just get a normal beer anymore and everything is slowed down because people need to have a discussion about what these beers are, then sample before buying. Overall I really hate the smugness associated with it, even as simply as describing them as 'good' beers while turning the nose up at basic lite beer. I mean, the stuff is intentionally made to be bitter and even many advocates admit they can't drink more than a couple. Why are they so much better, because they charge way more and tell you it's better?

To each their own, I don't care, do your thing and I'll do mine. But don't act all smug about it as if I'm a heathen for liking normal beer and then try to continually push this stuff on me and say I'll like it if I try it. No, I won't. A few times after being friendly for a while of someone pushing something and telling some dumb story about how it's so good they can only sell 6 at a time because it sells out so quickly because it's so good type stories blah blah. Eventually I just say, yea I get that problem. High Life is so good and was in so much demand they actually decided they should mass produce millions and millions per year.

I enjoy IPAs and craft beers but I also enjoy a nice High Life. The only thing I will not drink is Budweiser. Bud Light doesn't taste horrible, it just doesn't taste like anything.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Everyone should buy a beer from Third Space. They are the nicest dudes on the planet and deserve your money.

(no, I am not a Third Space investor. Just know the owners from back in the day)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm definitely a beer snob, but I'm not a d**k about it. It's just that it's become a hobby of mine. I brew beer at home, and for over 20 years now I have tried so many different styles of beer from Belgium, Germany, etc. and now American breweries are putting out some outstanding beers. The innovation from some of the American breweries are really interesting, blending styles, brewing techniques, aging, etc.

With that said, I get it's not everyone's cup of tea. Heck, when it comes to wine I don't even like it, I wouldn't care if it was from a box or a $1,000 bottle. Ditto for scotch. Yet there are a lot of people who really appreciate it, but it's lost on me.

I'll also say this. When it comes to IPAs, I do think there's a segment that orders it because they think they're supposed to like it. I see the look on someone's face when they take a drink, and I'm thinking dude...that looks painful.

So yea, I'll avoid Budmillercoorslight whenever I possibly can. Throw them in a cooler with ice, and I can drink them ice cold. Actually refreshing. But a "sort of cold" flat-ish pitcher on the table...I will go running....even for a Blue Moon.

Everyone should buy a beer from Third Space. They are the nicest dudes on the planet and deserve your money.

(no, I am not a Third Space investor. Just know the owners from back in the day)

I think they are my new favorite brewery in town. That Happy Place, Happy Happy, and the new double IPA they have is absolutely incredible. And yeah, they are super nice guys. A few weekends ago they let us stay after close for a little bit, and the head guy broke out a 22oz Barleywine from 2012, that was made at the brewery he worked at previously.

I'm yet to be disappointed by their beers. Definitely check em out, and its a few blocks east from the St Paul Sobelman's

I think they are my new favorite brewery in town. That Happy Place, Happy Happy, and the new double IPA they have is absolutely incredible. And yeah, they are super nice guys. A few weekends ago they let us stay after close for a little bit, and the head guy broke out a 22oz Barleywine from 2012, that was made at the brewery he worked at previously.

I'm yet to be disappointed by their beers. Definitely check em out, and its a few blocks east from the St Paul Sobelman's

If you haven't tried Urban Harvest, I highly recommend them. They usually have 8-10 beers on tap and I have loved each one, even the styles I normally don't like.

I work a mile away so I'll definitely check them out some afternoon.

SABERMETRICS?!?! NO THANKS!!!! WINS AND LOSSES IS THE ONLY WAY TO ANALYZE A PITCHER!!!!

Times change. 21 year olds are now legally able to drink during this boom, and the beer culture is definitely spreading. 5 years ago I could go and buy a case of some beers after its release date. Today it's gone immediately because people camp out for it. (I'm not that silly).

I doubt we'll ever see a time where yellow beers dominate the market again. Micro breweries are popping up all the time. Including brew pubs, Milwaukee has over 30 different breweries in the area, and I'm sure more will be opening up by the end of the year.

If you haven't tried Urban Harvest, I highly recommend them. They usually have 8-10 beers on tap and I have loved each one, even the styles I normally don't like.

I've been there too, but it was right after it first opened. There wasn't any I disliked, and they had just opened, but I thought they shoulda really just put all their energy into 4-5 beers and make them excellent instead of 8-10 that were somewhere between okay and good. However, they've been open for awhile now so maybe they've improved.

SABERMETRICS?!?! NO THANKS!!!! WINS AND LOSSES IS THE ONLY WAY TO ANALYZE A PITCHER!!!!

Times change. 21 year olds are now legally able to drink during this boom, and the beer culture is definitely spreading. 5 years ago I could go and buy a case of some beers after its release date. Today it's gone immediately because people camp out for it. (I'm not that silly).

I doubt we'll ever see a time where yellow beers dominate the market again. Micro breweries are popping up all the time. Including brew pubs, Milwaukee has over 30 different breweries in the area, and I'm sure more will be opening up by the end of the year.

Why don't they make more of it then? it's marketing, and people are falling for it. And it's done on purpose so it gives the customer away of acting kind of like "they're in the know" so it gives them a feeling of exclusivity, vip, superiority. And then you can charge more.

Archived