Brewer Fanatic

2016-09-23 Reds (DeSclafani) at Brewers (Davies), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/reds.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 23 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Reds (63-89) | Brewers (69-84)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/reds_desclafani-anthony-08.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_davies-zach-25.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Anthony DeSclafani[/pitcher][h2]8-4, 3.15 ERA, 1.19 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Coming off of being skipped for a start, DeSclafani was not sharp in Saturday’s 10-4 loss to the Pirates in the first game of a doubleheader. He lasted four innings and allowed six runs (four earned) with six hits and three walks.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Zach Davies[/pitcher][h2]11-7, 3.92 ERA, 1.24 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]The Brewers are 14-3 when Davies starts, including his win over the Cubs on Saturday at Wrigley Field. He will be facing the Reds for the fourth time and has a 3.57 ERA in the first three matchups.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS José Peraza ®
  2. CF Scott Schebler (L)
  3. 1B Joey Votto (L)
  4. LF Adam Duvall ®
  5. 2B Brandon Phillips ®
  6. 3B Eugenio Suárez ®
  7. RF Tyler Holt ®
  8. C Tucker Barnhart (S)
  9. RHP Anthony DeSclafani ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 3B Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Chris Carter ®
  5. RF Domingo Santana ®
  6. CF Hernán Pérez ®
  7. SS Orlando Arcia ®
  8. C Andrew Susac ®
  9. RHP Zach Davies ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Scooter Gennett has been one of my favorite players for awhile now. The fact that he would take the time to sign my kid's ticket stub before tonight's game makes me think that much more of him. Very cool
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Scooter Gennett has been one of my favorite players for awhile now. The fact that he would take the time to sign my kid's ticket stub before tonight's game makes me think that much more of him. Very cool

Scooter Gennett is a great dude. Does so much in the community in Milwaukee and locally in his hometown. Definitely doesn't take anything for granted and is appreciates what he gets to do. He is really big into doing stuff with kids.

With regards to Scooter...

I was at a game a few weeks back & was sitting club section first base side. Some Brewers were warming up down the line and I saw Scooter looking to throw the ball he was playing catch with into the stands. I yelled out something like "Up here, Scooter! Show me your arm Ryan!" He pointed and threw the ball up, overshooting me by a couple rows even & some guy behind me snagged the ball.

I just watched Brian's call of the triple play. He said "gotta turn it quick." Actually, there was no rush at all; Carter's throw to second was easy and relaxed. From a fan standpoint, you could easily watch everything unfold, and there was nothing to take anyone by surprise.

Watching the replay this morning of the triple play and there was a few seconds of the brewers rejoicing in the dugout. Years ago it was Braun, Fielder, Hart and Hardy celebrating. Now it was Scooter, Arcia and Santana. Say what you want about the Brewers present, but I think the Brewers will have something really special down the line.

That was pretty lame in Brandon Phillip's part and strange on the umpires part.

What was the deal with that play? From the seats I would have guessed interference from Phillips and third base for Braun, and the booing was because that didn't happen - but I don't know what did happen.

Edited to add: We've now been at four of the Brewers' eight triple plays; four of the six that happened in Milwaukee. 1997 vs Toronto, 2009 vs SF, and the two this year. Nothing but luck of the draw.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I guess that the umpire determined that Phillips did nothing to intentionally obstruct Braun. Obviously, Counsell and the fans in the park begged to differ. I think the strangeness that MrTPlush refers to is that the umpire's actions made him look like he did initially call obstruction.

FWIW — and I always forget this — interference is caused by an offensive player and obstruction is caused by a defensive player. The only reason I'm mentioning this is because I was just watching the Reds' broadcast of this inning and the announcers explained it. Bill Schroeder also had cause to explain this recently.

Great game in person tonight. I've been to three Brewers triple plays in person now.

Same here. I'm up to six in Person.

so you saw every triple play the brewers ever had at home?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived