Brewer Fanatic

Tim Dillard called up

bork
I remember when I was excited about Dillard as a rotation prospect - remember all those CGs he racked up at Brevard County?

I bet your excitement was pretty similar to the Brent Suter excitement.

UPDATE: Alright not as crazy about Dillard as Suter, but pretty high on him at the time.

I've always felt Dillard was the best starting pitching prospect the Brewers had in the system.

On a pitch count, he racks up CGs. I'd say he could be better than Carlos Villanueva and Zach Jackson.

MrTPlush, although Dillard was a 2-pitch guy, a 95-mph extreme power sinker and solid slider made him a tremendous prospect for either starting or relieving. His GO:FO was very good. The thing that killed his career seems to be the broken hand

What killed me with Dillard was this notion he couldn't be a good starter. I think he had it in him - certainly it was worth a longer look.

It's what worries me about Suter. Could he be pigeonholed into the bullpen, and the Brewers miss out on a good starter? The stats point to very good control and command over the last two years.

What killed me with Dillard was this notion he couldn't be a good starter. I think he had it in him - certainly it was worth a longer look.

It's what worries me about Suter. Could he be pigeonholed into the bullpen, and the Brewers miss out on a good starter? The stats point to very good control and command over the last two years.

Clancy, it was all the injury. He was never the same afterwards, and eventually converted to a side-armer

He's good at making comedy tweets and silly 25 second videos but does he have actual experience calling a game or doing reporting?

he was on a spring training webcast this year. he did just okay, but you could notice his improvement once he got into a groove.

This is similar to what my assessment was. Tim didn't hit the ground running, but he picked up momentum as the game went on. Most importantly, his contributions were interesting. And you could tell that with some experience, he'd be good in a color commentator or analyst role. I wouldn't hesitate to drop him into the broadcast team if they're in need of someone on a given day. Otherwise, he can be featured occasionally.

I'm impressed with his videos. There's good creative thought behind them, and they're professionally done. What impresses me the most is that he can churn them out so quickly.

At any rate, I think this is an excellent hire. Tim's a personable guy who brings a unique set of skills to the table.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived