Brewer Fanatic

2016-09-17 Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Arrieta), 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-3]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 17 | 3:05 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (66-82) | Cubs (94-53)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/cubs.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_davies-zach-09.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/cubs_arrieta-jake-06.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Zach Davies[/pitcher][h2]10-7, 3.87 ERA, 1.23 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cubs | Game Log[/h3][h3]Davies took a shutout into the 7th inning of his last start in St. Louis but settled for a no-decision. He is riding a wave of four straight quality starts, including a September 5 loss to the Cubs in which he gave up two earned runs in 6[space][/space]2/3 frames.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jake Arrieta[/pitcher][h2]17-6, 2.91 ERA, 1.05 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Arrieta is coming off a win over the Astros in which he gutted out 5[space][/space]2/3 innings. He wasn’t feeling well, but he battled through the outing. He’ll be pitching on six days’ rest, and he’s 4-0 with a 1.39 ERA in those games.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Chris Carter ®
  5. RF Hernan Perez ®
  6. CF Domingo Santana ®
  7. SS Orlando Arcia ®
  8. C Martin Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Zach Davies ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 3B Tommy LaStella (L)
  2. 1B Kris Bryant ®
  3. LF Chris Coghlan (L)
  4. C Willson Contreras ®
  5. CF Albert Amora ®
  6. SS Javier Baez ®
  7. RF Matt Szczur ®
  8. 2B Munenori Kawasaki (L)
  9. RHP Jake Arrieta ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Man, Braun's been ice cold for a while now. Average dropping like a rock. Guess he needs another day off.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I would love to see Braun destroy pitching over the next 13 games and get to triple digits for RBI's, average up over .315 and OP closer to .930
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Braun hath spoken.

"slump this".

Wow!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Love the hypocritical dbags booing Braun in Chicago. Yeah, choke on your knackwurst. You didn't seem to mind a roided up Sammy Sosa going over 60 home runs three times, but Braun uses something one time to heal an injury, and he's the devil. [expletive deleted my moderator]

I know trading him in the offseason might help the club in the long run, but I really want to see him hit #300 in a Brewers uni. Brewers fans haven't had much to cheer about of late, but that would be the first time a Brewer has ever hit 300 homers. Assuming he doesn't hit anymore this year, he'd need 15 next year. If he does hit a few more this season, he could be at 300 by the All Star break.

Plus, the guy is still my favorite player. He's human. He made a mistake. I think he's more than made up for it. With all respect to Yount, Cooper and Molitor, he's the best hitter the Milwaukee Brewers have ever had. And, he's still a fantastic player.

I know fans of other teams would scoff, but Braun still has a shot at the Hall of Fame. He should clear 400 home runs, and to do it with a lifetime .300 AVG, and well over 1,000 RBI by the time he's done...an MVP, MVP runner up, and a third place finish, maybe his sixth Silver Slugger this year. The guy is building quite a resume.

Or maybe not........

Man I'm going to miss him if he gets moved in the winter.

Archived