Brewer Fanatic

Keon Broxton breaks wrist; Michael Reed recalled

reillymcshane

It appears that Keon broke his wrist banging into the wall at Wrigley today.

Gotta love brick walls in baseball. Brilliant.

Just another point to add to why I hate Wrigley field.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It'll be interesting with Kirk N. out as well (I read he'll miss at least a few games). That'll give Reed some playing time. Even if it's just 10 games or something, it's nice to get a look at him - and maybe show something to the major league staff. Reed potentially could be a back up OF next year - a little exposure now should help him (assuming he can play well).

Was hoping it would be Kyle Wren. thought he earned a September call up. not to mention reed is with us regardless next year, I'd think wren is the guy you'd want an extended look at to better gauge if you should protect him from the rule 5 draft.

Sucks he broke his wrist. I've broken a wrist three times. No, actually four. It's not fun. The rehab is actually more painful than the break itself. Even with these newfangled casts (my first break I was put into the old plaster cast. Ugh), which are lighter, and easier to live with, the forearm will be immobilized. When the break heals, trying to get strength, and range of motion back, is a pita, and I wasn't a professional athlete.

He should be close to 100% by spring training, however. He's young, and has great medical resources with the team. I'm excited to see what he could do next year. While the team is still a long ways off from being serious contenders, just think about how many RBI possibilities there are with him he and Villar a top the lineup. Those guys could steal 100 + bases between them, easily.

Get well soon, Keon! I'm very excited to watch you grow as a Major Leaguer!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
To me the big worry is that the effects of the break will linger. Like people say, he'll get good care, but you just want him healthy for next season.

I think the fact that he doesn't need surgery bodes well for the recovery.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived