Brewer Fanatic

2016-09-15 Brewers (Nelson) at Cubs (Montgomery), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win a thriller, 5-4]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 15 | 7:05 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (65-81) | Cubs (93-52)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/cubs.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_nelson-jimmy-08.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/cubs_montgomery-mike-04.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Jimmy Nelson[/pitcher][h2]7-14, 4.42 ERA, 1.51 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cubs | Game Log[/h3][h3]The Brewers are 2-8 in Nelson’s last 10 starts, including a loss at St. Louis on this trip. In that game, he surrendered four runs on a pair of two-run homers in the same inning. Jimmy leads the National League with 14 losses and 78 walks.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Mike Montgomery[/pitcher][h2]1-1, 3.67 ERA, 1.44 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Montgomery will make his fifth start for the Cubs as they stick with a “soft” six-man rotation. He didn’t get a decision in his last outing, vs. the Brewers, giving up one run on two hits over five innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. CF Keon Broxton ®
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Chris Carter ®
  5. 3B Hernan Perez ®
  6. RF Domingo Santana ®
  7. SS Orlando Arcia ®
  8. C Martin Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Jimmy Nelson ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Dexter Fowler (S)
  2. 3B Kris Bryant ®
  3. 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)
  4. 2B Ben Zobrist (S)
  5. SS Addison Russell ®
  6. LF Jorge Soler ®
  7. RF Jason Heyward (L)
  8. C Miguel Montero (L)
  9. LHP Mike Montgomery (L)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

With the Cubs' magic number at one, it's hard to imagine getting out of this four-game series without having to watch them celebrate. I guess at least it won't be at Miller Park? :(

Of course we play 2 versus the Cubs before the Cardinals play again. So we'd need to win 2 to avoid them clinching with a win over us and hope the Cardinals lose tomorrow night to finish it.

If you project Broxton's numbers out to a full season of PAs he's a 25 HR/60 SB player. That's probably too optimistic, but 20/50 sounds about right. To think we acquired a 20/50 SS and 20/50 CF in the offseason for basically nothing? Impressive.

If you project Broxton's numbers out to a full season of PAs he's a 25 HR/60 SB player. That's probably too optimistic, but 20/50 sounds about right. To think we acquired a 20/50 SS and 20/50 CF in the offseason for basically nothing? Impressive.

It'll be very intriguing seeing what they do next season. If you couple that with a healthy season from Santana and a full season of Arcia, maybe losing Braun won't sting as badly.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It'll be very intriguing seeing what they do next season. If you couple that with a healthy season from Santana and a full season of Arcia, maybe losing Braun won't sting as badly.

Losing Braun is going to sting no matter what. I shudder at the thought.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Losing Braun is going to sting no matter what. I shudder at the thought.

Going to lose him to old age or trade eventually. May as well be to trade.

So what is the logic behind this move? It's not by the book, I guess I'll give Craig that.

Well it is a big spot in the game and we sent out our best pitcher. Its like asking why we would send Braun to pinch hit with the winning run on 3rd. Why would you not?

So what is the logic behind this move? It's not by the book, I guess I'll give Craig that.

Well it is a big spot in the game and we sent out our best pitcher. Its like asking why we would send Braun to pinch hit with the winning run on 3rd. Why would you not?

Because of 2 LHB in a row coming up. I would of rather had them face a guy they'd never seen before in Suter than Thornburg. And not to say Suter would have gotten them out but they proceeded to double and walk off of Thornburg.

Archived