Brewer Fanatic

Training methods

TheCrew07

I've harped on may of the poor training methods I've seen from the Brewer organization over the years, but it occurred to me this morning that I never really share what's proper or tips to look for. I've quite literally stolen some concept or drill from just about every presentation I've been to over the years but I wanted to highlight of couple of resources for parents.

I linked to him once before, and I've personally sat in on a handful of his presentations, but Brad Arnett of NX Level down in the Milwaukee is a tremendous resource for athletes of any age, especially if you want to help your son or daughter develop athletically in a safe and proper manner.

Just as example Brad did a full 80 minute presentation at the football clinic on just the squat, and all of the negative consequences poor technique can have, what to look for, and so on. As a football coach over of 10 years at the time, and having done squats most of my life, I was blown away by how little I actually knew about the lift or had failed to consider when performing, teaching, and supervising the exercise.

He runs a business so there's going to be cost involved, but it's worth it.

A guy who churns quite a bit of free content and nuggets of wisdom in regards to baseball training specifically is Eric Cressey, though he's more than just baseball. His article from today was the catalyst for this post. Read the article, watch the video, those little things like rest and proper technique are so important to long term health and development. Eric doesn't give much away for free, but there's plenty of food for thought which will lead you in the right direction.

There's so much good information out there about what to do, it's just that many people don't where to find it or who to believe so I thought I'd share a couple of resources I've found to be extremely valuable over the years.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived