Brewer Fanatic

2017 Schedule Released

crossface21

I think the most interesting aspect of this schedule is that all Monday and Tuesday night home games will be starting at 6:40[space][/space]PM. Other weeknight start times will remain at 7:10[space][/space]PM.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I think the most interesting aspect of this schedule is that all Monday and Tuesday night home games will be starting at 6:40[space][/space]PM. Other weeknight start times will remain at 7:10[space][/space]PM.

Yea, that's smart on their part. I've been saying for years it's not the length of games that's the biggest problem, it's end times during the week. I'm sure they're just testing it, but hopefully they move up Wed/Thurs games too- especially in April, May, Sept (school months.)

Weird that Baltimore comes to Milw for the third straight time. Brewers haven't been to Camden Yards since 2003. Doesn't make much sense.

Yea, I am never surprised that the schedule seems odd. I dont understand how it doesnt rotate...but, whatever. I sure would prefer the home opener to be on a weekend for once, so I could actually get to one!

Weird that Baltimore comes to Milw for the third straight time. Brewers haven't been to Camden Yards since 2003. Doesn't make much sense.

Just like we went to Seattle for the first time in years in 2013 and then you're expecting the Mariners at home in 2016 and we get them on the road again.

That Cardinals home opener was on a Friday and I believe a 3pm first pitch. What a perfect time to do opening day, later in the day so you're not having to get going super early and on a Friday so you don't have to work the next day. I get that we will almost always be on the true Monday opening day due to having a roof but that Friday was a great time. In spite of getting blown out by STL like usual.

Yea, that's smart on their part. I've been saying for years it's not the length of games that's the biggest problem, it's end times during the week. I'm sure they're just testing it, but hopefully they move up Wed/Thurs games too- especially in April, May, Sept (school months.)

I'm a huge fan of starting games earlier. Start the games at a decent hour.....around 6 to 6:30 during the week. Do it for every night game. Why not?

Also, the different start times will prove to be somewhat confusing to Brewers fans. The question of....."What time is the game tonight?" is going to be quite common, and many will be showing up half an hour early or late to games. We really don't need 5 or 6 different start times, do we? For me, I'd have day games starting at 1:10 (with option for Sat. national game at 3:10 if we have any in the next few years) and night games starting at 6:30 across the board. I think most would enjoy that earlier hour and predictability, including the Brewers players.

I'm a huge fan of starting games earlier. Start the games at a decent hour.....around 6 to 6:30 during the week. Do it for every night game. Why not?.

Well one of the main reasons is that a lot of people work until 5:00. Starting a game early makes it very difficult for people to make it for the start of the game.

Assuming I don't want to burn vacation time to leave work early...If I work until 5:00 in say Waukesha, Have to find time to change, then fight rush hour traffic (with construction), park and walk into the game, that's pretty difficult to do in that sort of timeframe. For some people that won't matter, but for others, likely missing an inning or two of the game purely due to an earlier start time might be a deterrent to attending or buying tickets. And that's assuming people end at 5:00 and don't get stuck working late or anything like that.

It's fine 1-2 nights a week, but there are definitely reasons for starting the games later.

I'm OK with differing start times. It can make a difference to some fans. Though I have to say, just about every time I chose the 6:20 Monday games this year, the games ended later than 7:10 games typically do. :)

At least we're not in a situation like Atlanta. The Braves are going with 7:30 start times next season because they figure traffic conditions will make it difficult for people to get to the park before that.

When I went to my first Braves game in 1958 on a Friday night in June, start times were 8:00 p.m. I was 5 going on 6. My mom left it up to me earlier in the day whether to go that night or the next Saturday afternoon. I was so excited I wanted to go that night. Downside was I had to take a nap.

Oh yeah, Sandy Koufax beat Joey Jay that night 3-1. Only Brave run was on an Aaron HR. Not bad for a first game.

Well one of the main reasons is that a lot of people work until 5:00. Starting a game early makes it very difficult for people to make it for the start of the game.

Assuming I don't want to burn vacation time to leave work early...If I work until 5:00 in say Waukesha, Have to find time to change, then fight rush hour traffic (with construction), park and walk into the game, that's pretty difficult to do in that sort of timeframe. For some people that won't matter, but for others, likely missing an inning or two of the game purely due to an earlier start time might be a deterrent to attending or buying tickets. And that's assuming people end at 5:00 and don't get stuck working late or anything like that.

It's fine 1-2 nights a week, but there are definitely reasons for starting the games later.

And it basically eliminates anyone coming from outside the 5 county area. You're not coming from Kenosha or Sheboygan or Janesville if the game is starting before 7 most likely.

I think 6:30 is a good time on weeknights. Should be enough time that locals getting off at 5 can make. And for out of towners with a commute, well they're already leaving work early to make it by 7, so 30 mins shouldn't be a big deal to them. I actually think times like 4 or 5 on Saturdays could be good for people actually attending the games too, just not sure if it fits with what TV wants

If I'm coming from any distance, I'd rather deal with the logistics of an early start rather than driving back late. But that's me. There are all kinds of different preferences, and with 81 home games, a lot of them can be accommodated.

Kenosha isn't that far from Miller Park and the traffic coming in from the south is never bad for me. The stoppages usually start right after the Miller Park Way exit. If you are coming from the south getting on time for earlier games shouldn't be a problem. Now from the west...? Totally different story as that is usually horrible in my experiences.

And like usual it is the same boring setup. Swear it never changes.

And it basically eliminates anyone coming from outside the 5 county area. You're not coming from Kenosha or Sheboygan or Janesville if the game is starting before 7 most likely.

That works both ways too. I come down from Appleton, and would much prefer earlier starts so I can get back home at a decent hour. True, lots of people can't leave work early, but lots can.

I know from talking to a lot of people in the Valley, they hate going down for weekday games and getting home at midnight. Earlier start times really help with that. I would actually like to see them have 6:10 starts mixed in. Leave from here at 4:00, and still get there in time for the game.

That works both ways too. I come down from Appleton, and would much prefer earlier starts so I can get back home at a decent hour. True, lots of people can't leave work early, but lots can.

I know from talking to a lot of people in the Valley, they hate going down for weekday games and getting home at midnight. Earlier start times really help with that. I would actually like to see them have 6:10 starts mixed in. Leave from here at 4:00, and still get there in time for the game.

Also, 20 to 30% of the crowd leaves Miller Park early, around 9 to 10 (regardless of score). That is fairly usual, in my opinion. Isn't that a possible sign that games are stating a bit late?

at least they break up my summer next year with games in May, July and September when they come to Pittsburgh

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I think 6:30 is a good time on weeknights. Should be enough time that locals getting off at 5 can make. And for out of towners with a commute, well they're already leaving work early to make it by 7, so 30 mins shouldn't be a big deal to them. I actually think times like 4 or 5 on Saturdays could be good for people actually attending the games too, just not sure if it fits with what TV wants

The hawing household has a 156-mile round trip to Miller Park, and we can't avoid burning leave time for a weeknight game whether it starts at 6:20, 6:40 or 7:10. So to some extent, whatevs. And 6:40 isn't quite as random as 6:20 (which I realize started as a "WTMJ night," but why did they keep that particular time?).

Having said all that, I'd prefer to have fewer different start times to remember. Maybe the 2017 season will help the Brewers decide on a single evening start time...she said hopefully.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived