Brewer Fanatic

2016-09-12 Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Sampson), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-0]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 12 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (64-79) | Reds (60-82)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/reds.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_peralta-wily-17.jpghttp://shannonsaintclair.com/jewelrybox/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Keyvius-Sampson-MLB-Cubs-Player-2.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Wily Peralta[/pitcher][h2]6-9, 5.47 ERA, 1.59 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Peralta has pitched at least seven innings in back-to-back starts against the Cardinals and Cubs, two of the National League’s top three offenses. According to manager Craig Counsell, Wily has pitched his way back into the Brewers’ plans for 2017.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Keyvius Sampson[/pitcher][h2]0-1, 3.90 ERA, 1.55 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Sampson replaced Anthony DeSclafani, who is being skipped for extra rest, and will make his second big league start of the season. On Aug. 14, Sampson faced the Brewers in long relief and delivered five innings with one run allowed.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 3B Hernan Perez ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. CF Keon Broxton ®
  7. RF Domingo Santana ®
  8. C Martin Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Wily Peralta ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Jose Peraza ®
  2. 3B Eugenio Suarez ®
  3. 1B Joey Votto (L)
  4. LF Adam Duvall ®
  5. 2B Brandon Phillips ®
  6. SS Scott Schebler (L)
  7. CF Tyler Holt ®
  8. C Tucker Barnhart (S)
  9. RHP Keyvius Sampson ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Ed Sedar strikes again!

Villar was a dead duck, everyone knew it but Eddie, as he waived him around...

This guy needs to get canned, even if he has a great profile, even if Rock loves the guy, and even if he has been on the coaching staff for a long period of time.

Plain and simple, he SUCKS at his job!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Sedar could lose games all by himself, and I shudder to think that could happen if we ever get back to the play-offs. He is just plain horrible, and should not be employed any longer by the Milwaukee Brewers.

Time to cut the chord.

Did Rock just say you can't lay that one on Sedar? Those two must be the closest of friends, I have never heard Schroeder blame Sedar for a poor call in sending a runner, NEVER!

Mccalvy

If you want accountability, you got it tonight from Ed Sedar: "I got caught up in trying to make something happen that wasn't there."

I don't care about him admitting to a mistake, I care about the future of this team, and he should no longer be a part of that future. Happens too frequently. It is time for a change.

Players get benched for stupidity, coaches should too.

This is the second time in a week that someone has been out at home by at least 4-5 steps with Braun up next. Whenever that happens that is on the 3rd base coach. You have to know where the ball is hit, how good of an arm the fielder has, how fast your player is, and where your player is in relation to the ball and defender. Doesn't matter how good of a jump your player got - it's on you to determine whether to send him, and if your best hitter is up next your guy better have a 95% chance of scoring. It's one thing if the pitcher is up next and it's early in the game and you don't want to burn a PH, but if your best hitter is up next this cannot happen.

For those rooting for a higher draft pick, Sedar is your best friend.

Peralta gave up a walk and one hard-hit ball in the first, got burned by the shift twice, and gave up a lucky blooper. Should have gotten out of it with one run given up. The second knockdown by Villar was a result of the shift, the way he went after it was the only way he could have recovered and had a chance at a runner.

Archived