Brewer Fanatic

2016-09-08 Brewers (Guerra) at Cardinals (García), 6:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 12-5]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 8 | 6:15 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (62-77) | Cards (73-65)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/cardinals1.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_guerra-junior-24.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/cardinals_garcia-jaime-08.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Junior Guerra[/pitcher][h2]7-3, 2.85 ERA, 1.12 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cardinals | Game Log[/h3][h3]Guerra was limited to 70 pitches in 3[space][/space]1/3 scoreless innings at Pittsburgh in his last start because it was his first game off the DL. He should be able to extend to about 90 pitches in this start.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jaime García[/pitcher][h2]10-11, 4.41 ERA, 1.34 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]García has lost three straight starts, though he’s coming off a decent performance against the Reds. Two of his best starts this season have come against Milwaukee, including a shutout and an eight-inning outing in which he allowed one run.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. CF Keon Broxton ®
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 2B Hernán Pérez ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. RF Domingo Santana ®
  7. SS Orlando Arcia ®
  8. C Martín Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Junior Guerra ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 1B Matt Carpenter (L)
  2. SS Jedd Gyorko ®
  3. RF Stephen Piscotty ®
  4. C Yadier Molina ®
  5. LF Brandon Moss (L)
  6. CF Randal Grichuk ®
  7. 3B Jhonny Peralta ®
  8. 2B Kolten Wong (L)
  9. LHP Jaime Garcia (L)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Looks like back to back lefties means Broxton & Santana get consecutive starts together for the first time since Domingo came back off the DL.

Santana started his first game off the DL on August 19th. There have been 19 games played since then (tonight will be 20) with the OF starts in those games breaking down as follows...Braun (16), Broxton (15), Kirk (13), Domingo (10), Elmore (3), Perez (3).

Broxton came up from AAA and got his first start in CF on 07/26. Since then there have been 42 games (tonight will be 43) with the CF starts breaking down as Broxton (32), Kirk (11).

Why do I get the feeling someone on the Brewers is going to steal a base while they have this huge lead and someone on the Cardinals will throw a fit?

I hope so. I'm surprised a Brewer hasn't been drilled yet because they're supposed to just roll over and let the Cardinals win but apparently didn't get the memo.

Why do I get the feeling someone on the Brewers is going to steal a base while they have this huge lead and someone on the Cardinals will throw a fit?

I hope so. I'm surprised a Brewer hasn't been drilled yet because they're supposed to just roll over and let the Cardinals win but apparently didn't get the memo.

Based on the Cardinal code we owe them a beaning for drilling Braun earlier in the game right?

Based on the Cardinal code we owe them a beaning for drilling Braun earlier in the game right?

According to the code, Braun is fair game for a drilling anytime he is up because he is a disgrace to the game.

According to the code, Braun is fair game for a drilling anytime he is up because he untucked his shirt a few times in 2008.

Fixed!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived