Brewer Fanatic

Kirby, Taylor Williams, Missaki?

FVBrewerFan

Haven't heard anything in a while either, but I don't think Kirby or Williams were expected to be ready until 2017 anyway.

When we acquired Missaki, I was under the impression he'd be ready this June/July, but he must've suffered setbacks.

Someone should tweet at Haudricourt and get him to find out.

• 5 months later...

According to an interview with a Brazilian website? and my interpretation of Google Translator, Missaki underwent a second procedure at some point in the last year.

Also an interesting note on Eric Pardinho, a 15-year old member of the Brazilian national team with a 94 mph fastball.

[iNTERVIEW] Meet Daniel Missaki, another Brazilian who can make a success in MLB

Young Thrower Daniel Missaki talks about his future with the Milwaukee Brewers

Daniel Missaki playing for the Brazilian national teamDaniel Missaki emerged to the world of baseball in 2012, participating in one of the great moments of Brazilian baseball. At just 15 years old, the young pitcher entered the field in Panama to close the Brazilian victory over Colombia, qualifying the Brazilian team for the final of the World Baseball Classic qualifying round.

Less than a year later, shortly after completing 16 years, Missaki signed with the Seattle Mariners and went to try his luck in baseball in the United States. In 2015, when he began to climb the Minor Leagues and caught the attention of the franchise, suffered a concussion at the elbow and had to undergo the dreaded surgery Tomy John. Amidst recovery, he was traded with the Milwaukee Brewers in the business that led first baseman Adam Lind to the Mariners.

After undergoing another Tomy John surgery, Daniel Missaki is completing his recovery and should return to the lawns soon. Taking advantage of the month of January in São Paulo with his family, the young talent of 20 years, who was born in Fujinomiya, Japan, gave exclusive interview to The Playoffs with a stage that has everything to do with his profession: The Pitchers Burger and Baseball, the themed bar that is in Vila Clementino. Check it:

Tommy John Surgery Recovery

"Now it's going well, the Milwaukee Brewers are slowing down, giving more time to rehabilitation, since it's the second operation I'm going through so I can get better."

The concussion

"I was acting, I was in the 5th inning of a game, and when I threw it, I felt my elbow clatter. How this happens when I find it, I thought it was normal, and I continued. The next pitch did not arrive (at home plate), at the time I called the doctor, he moved and took me out of the game. The chip fell afterwards, but I'm relieved that 90% of the pitchers who go through surgery return to normal play. "

Being switched while recovering from surgery

"I was informed of the exchange (of the Seattle Mariners with the Milwaukee Brewers) when I was doing the rehab of the first surgery. The Seattle directors called me in the office and told me to pack things up, because I would continue work at the Brewers complex (the two are in different Arizona towns). I changed the complex and stayed two more weeks to get to know everything and continue the recovery. "

How was the exchange?

"The Brewers folks welcomed me very well, but no one told me anything about plans, expectations. Only the players themselves have said that normally, whoever is traded by an MLB player climbs faster within the Minor Leagues. I feel they trust me, let's see when I get back. "

Expectation for 2017

"I have not received any official information yet. What I heard when I asked is that I probably start at Extended Spring Training, already acting, and from there they will send me to some minor league franchise, but there is no definition of what it will be. "

Daniel Missaki in BrazilEvolution in the United States

"My game has changed a lot. Here in Brazil, you can hold any team with only the fastball. In the United States, you do not have to throw at 105 miles per hour, they will rebound your shot, just watch the (Aroldis) Chapman, if he only plays straight ball, they will rebound. I learned to control, in the first year everyone rebuked against me, there I learned when to play the low ball, when to use the effect, where to command the fast ball. "

Feedback from coaches

"(If you go wrong in a game), do not say it was good, but you do not scold. There is a lot of talk, they ask what you did wrong and what was good, because there is always something good about your performance, only you have to figure it out yourself. "

Home in the United States

"I spoke a little English when I signed and I arrived in the United States, but the transition was not so complicated because the Seattle Mariners were Pedro Ivo Okuda, Luiz Gohara and Thyago Vieira, that made it much easier."

Contact with Thyago Vieira and Luiz Gohara

"Our relationship is brother, one helps the other, when you need something we help each other, when it was acting bad, we always tried to help ourselves."

Confidence of the Mariners in Brazilians

"Other franchises lack the same. The doors are opening, little by little, but it's still a bit lacking that the franchises will bet in Brazil. "

Growth of Brazilians

"It's changing the way the MLB franchises look at the Brazilians, because everyone in the United States is showing work, striving hard, and this is catching the eye and creating a good reputation for Brazilian players."

Contact with MLB stars

"When I was at the Seattle Mariners, Felix Hernandez occasionally showed up on our training camp during Spring Training. In the beginning, I thought he would be very arrogant, but he was very humble, he talked to us, he's a very calm guy. "

What will it be like when you reach MLB

"It will be a dream come true. What moves me is the will to be able to face the best, every stage you go, every level that goes up, will increase the will, you always want a bigger challenge, and the biggest challenge there is Major League Baseball " .

Career in Japan

"When I was younger, I always wanted to go to Japan, MLB did not even go through my head, what I wanted to do was to play in Japan. But they rolled a lot and I decided that I did not want Japan anymore, I wanted to go to Japan. U.S. When the Major League franchises arrived, the Japanese people still came back. "

Daniel Missaki performing at the World Baseball Classic at the age of 15Experience at the WBC

"Having Barry Larkin as coach was an incredible experience for me, it was a leap from one level to another. In the cast, there was no such thing as older or younger, the team was one, so even me being younger, having this age difference, they helped me, anything I needed, any questions I had, they came And they helped me, I gained a lot of experience and learned a lot from those people. "

Panama qualifying

"We had no idea what was happening, we just wanted to play. The record did not fall even in Panama, we were only able to understand what happened when we returned to Brazil. "

The WBC group in Japan

"There was perhaps a little organization left. The key game, for me, was the first, against Japan, we did not even expect to play the game against Japan, there was a lack of organization. If Yan Gomes had played the group in the first round, it would have been different, the weight he already had at that time would have made the difference.

WBC 2021

"Brazil will have a very strong team. The staff at Minor Leagues will have a lot more experience, and the MLB staff, Paulo Orlando, André Rienzo and Yan Gomes, will also gain a lot of experience, if there is a tournament, Brazil will have a very good team. "

Eric Pardinho

"I think spending the middle of that year, when he turns 16, should go to the United States. The Milwaukee Brewers people have already asked about him, there were agents who tried to close with him, Pardinho must have plenty of opportunities. "

Structure of Brazilian baseball

"The CT Yakult (in Ibiúna) is very good, but only has the CT Yakult. Brazil needed one or two options, other training centers of this level, to reveal even more talent. "

How to raise the level of baseball in Brazil

"For this, games need to be more frequent. In the United States, we play every day, train in the morning and play in the afternoon, here you play a tournament for a weekend and then a month without acting. "

World Cup

"If I am released by the franchise, I intend to play in the Brazilian Cup, yes, but I am really depending on the release, it does not depend only on my will. Playing with the guys you played when I was in my teens, five years ago, is really good. "

Missaki in 2017

"Just wait, that in 2017 I'll come back busting."

Nice update on Taylor Williams in the second half of this Tom Haudricourt piece.

Taylor and Kirby are both Guy I really like and probably usually over rank when we do crowd lists because I know most will under rank them. The part in this article that excites me most is Taylor Williams, who probably has the best stuff in our system, saying he was envious of kirby's stuff! That excites me cause we haven't actually seen Kirby yet, but we know when healthy we probably don't have another pitcher that matches Williams...

Archived