Brewer Fanatic

Matt Garza

BrewersAA
First off I'd like to say I was not a complainer about getting Hill.

It's just way to much negative value to take back just to rid ourselves of say $8m of Garz's contract(since I am guessing we could shed $4mil of that without picking anything up). Is Wolters really worth that much? I don't think so. The Hill trade got us Isan Diaz who is flying up prospect lists.

I couldn't believe when I read articles after that trade by writers scratching their heads, bewildered as to why we traded for Aaron Hill when we're rebuilding.

So we could get Isan Diaz, duh.

Yah actually now that I think of it I can't remember one person on here that was upset we traded for Hill. I remember people not wanting him to start and to just release him...but not angry we bought Isan Diaz by taking him off the D Backs hands.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wasn't upset we traded for Hill. I felt as though he was never going to play a day for the Brewers, getting released out of spring training. I was intrigued by Diaz. I was really shocked that we wanted Anderson. He wasn't good in Arizona, and he was simply taking Davis's spot to open the season. I really liked Wagner in the minors and was worried about losing him.

I'll be interested in seeing what Chase does next season. The report on losing his cutter because it was so ineffective and then him having some pretty good success at the end of the season is intriguing moving forward.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived