Brewer Fanatic

2016-09-07 Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Garza), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1; two solo homers by Villar]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/cubs.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 7 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Cubs (89-49) | Brewers (61-77)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/cubs_montgomery-mike-03.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_garza-matt-14.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Mike Montgomery[/pitcher][h2]1-1, 4.09 ERA, 1.59 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Montgomery will make his fourth start with the Cubs as they stick with a “soft” six-man rotation. Manager Joe Maddon wants the rest of the rotation to conserve energy in the final month, so Montgomery will stay in the mix for now.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Matt Garza[/pitcher][h2]5-6, 4.57 ERA, 1.52 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cubs | Game Log[/h3][h3]Garza pitched seven innings of one-run ball to beat the Cardinals on Wednesday. Not a strikeout pitcher, Garza has 17 K’s in his last two starts. Before that, he had struck out 17 in his previous six starts.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Dexter Fowler (S)
  2. 3B Kris Bryant ®
  3. 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)
  4. 2B Ben Zobrist (S)
  5. SS Addison Russell ®
  6. LF Chris Coghlan (L)
  7. RF Jason Heyward (L)
  8. C Willson Contreras ®
  9. LHP Mike Montgomery (L)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 3B Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. CF Keon Broxton ®
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 2B Hernán Pérez ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. RF Domingo Santana ®
  7. SS Orlando Arcia ®
  8. C Manny Piña ®
  9. RHP Matt Garza ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Company outing to the game tonight. Of course Garza is pitching. Of course it's going to rain, derailing our tailgating plans as well.

Curse you, Cubs. Curse you.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Braun is usually a smart base runner...however right there he was not.

If you are talking about his out at 2b I disagree. He saw the outfielder take a lazy route to the ball and broke for 2nd. He made it in safe but over slid the bag because he was going a million miles an hour. Unfortunately a bad over-slide but I wouldn't say it wasn't smart base running.

Garza in top form again tonight. As an ultimate Garza hater I am shocked by his recent run.

Why do you think that?

I thought it was an okay idea. Fowler seemed to be moving slowly to the ball and Braun did make it in there. Slid 2 inches to far. He would have been in scoring position with 1 out.

If you are talking about his out at 2b I disagree. He saw the outfielder take a lazy route to the ball and broke for 2nd. He made it in safe but over slid the bag because he was going a million miles an hour. Unfortunately a bad over-slide but I wouldn't say it wasn't smart base running.

Garza in top form again tonight. As an ultimate Garza hater I am shocked by his recent run.

Same thing I was thinking.

I really do believe that Chris Bosio is the best pitching coach in the majors and that the biggest mistake the Brewers made in at least the past 10 years was not retaining Bosio in 2009.

In 2009 as the pitching coach for Nashville, they led the PCL in ERA and the top pitchers in terms of innings, in order, were Tim Dillard, Lindsay Gulin (who??), Chase Wright, Chris Cody, Mike Burns, Matt Ginter, Sam Narron, Chris Narveson, Nick Green, David Johnson, and Ryan Houston.

Why do you think that?

I thought it was an okay idea. Fowler seemed to be moving slowly to the ball and Braun did make it in there. Slid 2 inches to far. He would have been in scoring position with 1 out.

He was being lazy, but it took a horrible throw to be safe. A half decent throw and he is out easily. He also would have been much slower had he gone into second at a speed slow enough to stay on the base. Seemed likely a very unnecessary risk. I'm not saying it was plain stupid, but it wasn't all that smart.

If that would have been Villar this place would be blowing up.

Why do you think that?

He was being lazy, but it took a horrible throw to be safe. A half decent throw and he is out easily. He also would have been much slower had he gone into second at a speed slow enough to stay on the base. Seemed likely a very unnecessary risk. I'm not saying it was plain stupid, but it wasn't all that smart.

If that would have been Villar this place would be blowing up.

If that would have been Villar he would have been safe by a mile.

Archived