Brewer Fanatic

2016-09-06 Cubs (Hammel) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 12-5]

1992casey

Brauny with a 3 run homer. Good, pour it on, Brewers!

Villar a double short of the cycle. Impressive! I hope he gets it. And, I like what I'm seeing from Big Willy. He's a different pitcher since coming back from the minors.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I don't care what the win/loss records are, it is always fun to pound the Cubs.

This is why, when it comes to the Cubs and Cardinals, I want the Brewers to play whomever gives them the best chance to win.

The other 27 teams, yeah, I'm on the development side at this point of this season. That being said, I think there is something for putting young guys in a position to succeed and building their confidence first.

I could tell the ball was fair live. Another replay blunder.

Looked like the ball hit nothing but foul dirt on the replay on tv...

I wouldn't call this a blunder at all.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Looking at the game stats I see Villar only has 3 triples this year. For someone with his speed and batting average 3 was underwhelming to see.

I think there's probably a lot more luck and circumstance associated with triples than any other hit. Billy Hamilton also has 3 this year, Starling Marte had 2 all of last season in a full season. They're rare.

I thought that ball may have touched the line, but all the dirt that flew was definitely foul. I concur with the announcers' assessment. If the camera angles we saw on TV were all the review people had to work with, the call had to stand.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm not thrilled with Kirk like everyone else, but he's only one pointless veteran. If Arcia and Perez were also riding the pine maybe you'd have a real beef.

He's a pointless veteran taking away at bats from two young outfielders. It'd be one thing if it's a situation like Carter where it's a pointless veteran signed because we had no one else there (even though I would've preferred giving Pinto a shot at 1B instead of signing Carter.)

Anyone consider maybe the youngsters haven't EARNED that playing time yet?

I'm not thrilled with Kirk like everyone else, but he's only one pointless veteran. If Arcia and Perez were also riding the pine maybe you'd have a real beef.

He's a pointless veteran taking away at bats from two young outfielders. It'd be one thing if it's a situation like Carter where it's a pointless veteran signed because we had no one else there (even though I would've preferred giving Pinto a shot at 1B instead of signing Carter.)

And Arcia earned his playing time? We are playing for the future, we should be finding out more about Santana.

How does a player earn playing time without playing? And in the case of the one guy whose playing time generates the most complaints (Nieuwenhuis), is he really better than the younger players who are sitting on the bench?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Broxton earned his playing time after he made his adjustment. He went to the minors, improved, and showed that improvement at MLB. I understand a day off here and there, but would really like to see him get majority of PT in CF.

That being said, another poster mentioned that the Brewers might be giving him good matchups going forward, raise his confidence, etc. If that's the case, it's hard for me to disagree with it.

Have you considered that the youngsters have hit BETTER than Kirk (OPS+ of 105, 106 vs 95 - in other words 2 above average vs 1 below average)?

Archived