Brewer Fanatic

2016-09-05 Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Davies), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-2]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/cubs.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 5 | 12:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Cubs (88-48) | Brewers (60-76)[/h2][h3]ESPN | WTMJ 620, WRRD 1510[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/cubs_hendricks-kyle-07.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_davies-zach-24.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Kyle Hendricks[/pitcher][h2]13-7, 2.09 ERA, 0.98 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Hendricks may miss Wrigley Field. He’s 9-1 with a 1.21 ERA at home, which is the best home ERA in MLB. He’s also given up three or fewer runs in 18 straight starts since May 22. He lost to the Brewers on May 17 in Milwaukee.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Zach Davies[/pitcher][h2]10-6, 4.07 ERA, 1.26 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cubs | Game Log[/h3][h3]Davies struck out nine while allowing three runs over 6[space][/space]1/3 innings in Monday’s loss to the Cardinals. He didn’t walk anyone, but he was hurt by homers from Jedd Gyorko and Kolten Wong.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Tommy La Stella (L)
  2. RF Kris Bryant ®
  3. 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)
  4. LF Jorge Soler ®
  5. SS Addison Russell ®
  6. CF Jason Heyward (L)
  7. 2B Javier Báez ®
  8. C Miguel Montero (L)
  9. RHP Kyle Hendricks ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 3B Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Chris Carter ®
  5. RF Kirk Nieuwenhuis (L)
  6. CF Keon Broxton ®
  7. SS Orlando Arcia ®
  8. C Martín Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Zach Davies ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The days to start Nieuwenhuis are the days that Braun takes a breather. Kirk, Keon, and Domingo would have made perfect sense yesterday.

In CCs defense, Santana deserves to sit and Kirk deserves to play after the way they each played yesterday

I see what you did there!

It sure is interesting watching how bad umpires strike zones are. I don't care to see the k zone every pitch, but it is fun watching balls called strikes that are clearly off the plate.

Last time Brewers were on ESPN? 2011?

On ABC for me. I have the WGN feed here in Iowa.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Scooter showing off that range and athletic ability. Hopefully someone is dumb enough to take him off our hands.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Tough to win games scoring 1 run. Oh well, let the Cubs have their fun. I hope they win every game until the post season. Then they must be vanquished.

The Brewers' battery is now Rowan and Martín.

You were looking forward to that. :)

It sounds like the confines were not friendly to "actual home team" fans today. Someone on Twitter reported beer vendors selling Old Style. I get that the Brewers can't stop cub fans from buying tickets en (overwhelming) masse, but I don't see the value of that degree of extra catering to them.

It makes me less interested in going - and to drive me to that point is pretty significant.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The Brewers' battery is now Rowan and Martín.

You were looking forward to that. :)

It sounds like the confines were not friendly to "actual home team" fans today. Someone on Twitter reported beer vendors selling Old Style. I get that the Brewers can't stop cub fans from buying tickets en (overwhelming) masse, but I don't see the value of that degree of extra catering to them.

It makes me less interested in going - and to drive me to that point is pretty significant.

Hawing, they had a (recently retired) Bears player throw out the first pitch against this Cubs earlier this year. The catering to Cubs fans is becoming a bit ridiculous.

I sold all my tickets to Cubs games this year. I have no desire to go to those games and deal with those fans.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The purported Charles "Peanut" Tillman connection was to Northwestern Mutual. Of course, if that was the main reason for having him throw a first pitch, it could have easily happened when the Brewers were playing any other team.

I think it's apparent that a fair number of Brewers fans stay away from Cubs games. During the years that the Cubs were bad, there were still a fair number of Chicago fans in the stands. Yet, attendance was no better than it was for any other game.

To me, the ways to have more Brewers fans at Cubs games are to have both teams competing for the division title or to have the Brewers in the race in a year that the Cubs are irrelevant.

Archived