Brewer Fanatic

2016-09-04 Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault), 12:35 PM CDT [Brewers win, 10-0; pinch hit grand slam by Villar, two homers by Santana]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 4 | 12:35 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (59-76) | Pirates (67-66)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/pirates.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_anderson-chase-20.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/pirates_%20brault-steven-03.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Chase Anderson[/pitcher][h2]7-11, 4.92 ERA, 1.41 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Pirates | Game Log[/h3][h3]Anderson’s last start came against these same Pirates. He worked five scoreless innings without any problems before giving up two solo homers in the sixth that decided the game.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Steven Brault[/pitcher][h2]0-1, 3.86 ERA, 1.64 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Brault quickly ran up a high pitch count in a loss to the Cubs on Monday, lasting only four innings on 92 pitches while allowing three runs. He held the Brewers to three runs on seven hits in six innings on July 29.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Keon Broxton ®
  2. SS Orlando Arcia ®
  3. 3B Hernán Pérez ®
  4. 1B Chris Carter ®
  5. RF Domingo Santana ®
  6. C Manny Piña ®
  7. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  8. LF Jake Elmore ®
  9. RHP Chase Anderson ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Josh Harrison ®
  2. 1B John Jaso (L)
  3. CF Andrew McCutchen ®
  4. RF Gregory Polanco (L)
  5. LF Starling Marte ®
  6. SS Sean Rodriguez ®
  7. 3B Adam Frazier (L)
  8. C Chris Stewart ®
  9. LHP Steven Brault (L)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Listening to the rule it makes sense that they say Arcia doesn't score.

I get it...but I don't like that they get to assume he wouldn't have scored.

Well you can't assume that he would've scored. If there was no contact presumably Jaso would've been able to get to the ball faster and the play at home was pretty close with the contact.

Listening to the rule it makes sense that they say Arcia doesn't score.

I get it...but I don't like that they get to assume he wouldn't have scored.

Well you can't assume that he would've scored. If there was no contact presumably Jaso would've been able to get to the ball faster and the play at home was pretty close with the contact.

I understand it, but couldnt you also say you can't assume he wouldn't have scored? To me the play should count. Take judgement out of it. Just me though.

Today's the 34th anniversary of Lee Tunnell's Major League debut. He beat Fernando Valenzuela in a seven-inning start.

I took a look at the Pittsburgh TV feed of the 3rd inning obstruction call. Joe Block and Bob Walk sided with Counsell. One of the issues they brought up was that obstruction was called well after the fact rather than immediately. They also suggested that the Brewers could have played the game under protest, although Bill Schroeder (for a reason that I don't remember) felt that this wasn't a protest situation.

Both broadcasts cited several rules in an attempt to figure out what the umps were thinking.

Archived