Brewer Fanatic

Timber Rattlers Magic Number

TURBO

T-Rats season is officially over. They really came on strong at the end making the play-off push, but ran out of gas.

Diplan wasn't able to re-capture his t-rats magic, and in hindsight, it looks like maybe it wasn't the best plan to start a guy who left the team a couple months ago.

Harrison and Clark with another 0-fer. I'l be curious to see where these two start out next year.

I only saw Ray play last night, however, he looks like nothing but a slap hitter, his approach, unless different than in the past, looked like he was only looking for singles. I see he got a couple hits tonight at least, both singles...lol

I find it really hard to believe that Diaz would be benched in a playoff game that has season ending possibilities because of his lack of hustle last night. It will be interesting to see why he was benched, if it ever comes out.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Clark smoked two balls tonight for outs, as did Erceg and Gatewood. Box score doesn't tell the whole story as Diplan did well enough tonight to give his team a chance to win.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I am wondering if Erickson benched Diaz for that 2nd playoff game based on his lack of hustle the night before, or is there an injury that we don't know about?

Did anyone else notice the turnout for the playoff game??

Sorry, less than 600 in attendance for game 1 of the playoffs (with capacity over 5k) is sad.

I would have said 'embarrassing' if ALL other playoff games netted over 1k in attendance, but there were 2 or 3 other games that didn't crack the barrier..

The game was unplanned, middle of the week, and just as meaningless as any other game this season. It is minor league baseball. When you make the playoffs people don't start running in the streets taking off work to go. I'm still a little surprised since they made tickets free, but in general not too shocked. Going to a MiLB game is usually something planned in advanced and not typically gone to for the on the field product.

The Rattlers game in Cedar Rapids had 1,050 and they were doing everything but giving away tickets. Thursday night with school back in session. People lose interest fast.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sorry, less than 600 in attendance for game 1 of the playoffs (with capacity over 5k) is sad.

I would have said 'embarrassing' if ALL other playoff games netted over 1k in attendance, but there were 2 or 3 other games that didn't crack the barrier..

It was 65 degrees and raining, with school back in session.

I understand you're opinion about filling a stadium, but given the conditions that wasn't going to happen, free or not.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

The weather was horrible, it rained almost the entire game, as well as the day of the game. I'm sure that turned a lot of fans off, knowing that the game might not be played, and if it was, kind of miserable watching in person. I was unhappy that I paid $13.75 for my ticket, and sat in a covered area instead. I could have just bought a grass ticket at the ticket office before the game and saved the cash.

I'm still a little surprised since they made tickets free, but in general not too shocked.

T-Rats tickets in Appleton were not free, they were priced like regular season games.

I realize the metro areas are VERY different and it was raining in Columbus but with the free tickets the Clippers drew between 8500 and 9000 people for each game. Huntington Park holds a liitle over 10k...

I was hoping at least 1000 people would be there for the TRats game....

Archived