Brewer Fanatic

Timber Rattlers Magic Number

TURBO

4 games left to play.

It will be great to have playoff baseball once again in Appleton!

They also hold a tie breaker over Burlington...

This has quite literally been noted in every link report for weeks as Chris updates the playoff chase in each game story.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

4 games left to play.

It will be great to have playoff baseball once again in Appleton!

They also hold a tie breaker over Burlington...

This has quite literally been noted in every link report for weeks as Chris updates the playoff chase in each game story.

So what, not everyone reads every link report. This thread makes it available with one click of the mouse!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Any chance they'll play in Cedar Rapids?

Game one is in Appleton, Wednesday, Sept. 7th.

They are playing game 2 in Cedar Rapids on the 8th, and if the 3rd game is necessary, that one will also be in Cedar Rapids September 9th...

Any chance they'll play in Cedar Rapids?

Game one is in Appleton, Wednesday, Sept. 7th.

They are playing game 2 in Cedar Rapids on the 8th, and if the 3rd game is necessary, that one will also be in Cedar Rapids September 9th...

Thank you. Definitely going Thurdsay.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm curious- is admission free for the playoff game/s???

Columbus, OH (AAA, Cleveland) makes ALL ADMISSION FREE for the post season games.

There way to give back to the fans and encourage a large turnout.

Didn't hear anything about the TRats & thought it should be asked....

Nope, not free. My box seat was $12.

Perhaps if the TRats advance, they can revisit the possibility of free admission.. Maybe the Crew can kick some money in to make it worthwhile...

Why is free admission that important? The best T-Rat tickets are so cheap and it's still a business, I'm not seeing an affordability issue.

In terms of quality (play & game experience) and cost, the Rattlers are the best baseball value in the state.

If I wasn't busy with a lame work audit tomorrow I'd be sitting behind home plate with a radar gun myself.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Nope, not free. My box seat was $12.

Perhaps if the TRats advance, they can revisit the possibility of free admission.. Maybe the Crew can kick some money in to make it worthwhile...

Why is free admission that important? The best T-Rat tickets are so cheap and it's still a business, I'm not seeing an affordability issue.

In terms of quality (play & game experience) and cost, the Rattlers are the best baseball value in the state.

If I wasn't busy with a lame work audit tomorrow I'd be sitting behind home plate with a radar gun myself.

Crew07 - I think many people would be interested in going if not for this/ that/ timing/ distance. All those items are understandable reasons for not attending. I also get its a business, but there is more than one way to make the money.

The AAA Columbus (OH) Clippers have taken the business approach of offering the free tickets for all playoff games for a handful of reasons. Lets look those over.

Reason 1: Thank the fans for their support all season.

Reason 2: Try to minimize the cost for people to come out/ eliminate that excuse from people not attending.

Reason 3: Fill the park to make a true home field advantage. The more games won by the home team (especially if they have the majority of games scheduled at their place for the series), the better chance the team advances and therefore, plays more games.

Reason 4: More butts in seats means more concession sales (beer/ pop/ water/ hot dogs/ souvenirs/ etc). Even being a great value, which do you think generates more revenue for the club - seat sales or concession revenue? I'd go with the concessions.

This isn't the 1st time that free seats were offered in the playoffs by the Clippers. They found a good formula that worked for them in the past and they are repeating it in 2016.

I have been to games at both places. Both parks are very good. IF the TRats can sell out (or nearly sell out at 90% capacity) then free tickets to draw in fans for the playoffs is not needed.

However, if they end up having under 50% capacity for the playoff game, then I would encourage them to consider other options if the team is moving forward in the post-season.

If rained out tonight, does that just push the dates back one day?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

which do you think generates more revenue for the club - seat sales or concession revenue? I'd go with the concessions.

For a playoff game that is an interesting dilemma. For a regular season game the obvious answer is a mixture of both or admission would always be free. However for a MiLB playoff game there isn't much notice so the turnout might not be that good as I doubt many care about MiLB playoffs. I don't know how many typically come out for a playoff game, but if it is close to what they normally get charging admission is the obvious financial choice.

I think Columbus just wants a good playoff atmosphere and try to stir up some interest. Id guess they actually take a financial hit from not charging for tickets. Unless the crowd is tiny and free tickets pack the place of course. It would take a lot of concession sales to make enough profit to make up for the lost ticket sales.

T-Rats looked horrible last night, from top to bottom, just horrible. Almost seemed like making the playoffs was enough...

Diaz really annoyed the fans last night with his lack of hustle on a dropped third strike. Had he hustled down to 1B, he would have made it easily, but he lollygagged the entire way, not caring at all if he was safe or out. The catcher had to go a long ways for the ball, it wasn't a typical dropped third strike. Had Diaz ran hard he would have made it by 2 steps. I hadn't seen this behavior previously, and I suppose the score being something like 10-3 at the time had something to do with it, but it was a shame seeing a player with that potential with that kind of attitude.

I may be the only one, but I am worried about Monte Harrison and Trent Clark. They haven't looked good at the plate for quite some time now. They look lost. Monte is just angry every time he strikes out, kind of like a little baby, banging his helmet and padding on the ground, and that is frequently. Clark just looks lifeless at the plate. He looks like he is in over his head, not a good sign for one of our top prospects, and only playing in A ball.

Hopefully they turn it around tonight, maybe Diplan toeing the rubber will make a difference, as Yamamoto was completely ineffective last night.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Diaz really annoyed the fans last night with his lack of hustle on a dropped third strike. Had he hustled down to 1B, he would have made it easily, but he lollygagged the entire way, not caring at all if he was safe or out. The catcher had to go a long ways for the ball, it wasn't a typical dropped third strike. Had Diaz ran hard he would have made it by 2 steps. I hadn't seen this behavior previously, and I suppose the score being something like 10-3 at the time had something to do with it, but it was a shame seeing a player with that potential with that kind of attitude.

Well he's not in the lineup tonight and it looks like he was subbed for in yesterday's game. Guess the coaches agree with you.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Corey Ray just singled in a run in the 3rd. Then picked off second. He's definitely a Brewer. I will say that his base coach didn't help him at all and Corey seemed pretty ticked off at his third base coach.

Corey Ray just singled in a run in the 3rd. Then picked off second. He's definitely a Brewer. I will say that his base coach didn't help him at all and Corey seemed pretty ticked off at his third base coach.

And Corey Ray, who had a one out single in the 6th, was doubled off of first after a fly ball in the infield and Corey believing their was two outs.

That would be Matt Erickson... Being ticked at your manager won't get you too far...

Archived