Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Wednesday 8/31

Mass Haas
They might not have to add him to the 40 man, but I sure hope the Brewers act quickly and get Burgos signed for next year with a spring training invite. He's had a fine AAA season, and has gotten stronger as the season's wore on. He deserves a long look in spring training.

Brinson deserves a September call up just for what he has done in the past month. Insane.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Ronnie Gideon, my oh my. The K:BB ratio (>4:1) needs improvement for him to sustain anything, but I can't remember seeing any position player come in and do anything like this in years. The Texas A&M roster has him at 240 and MILB.com has him at 225; wondering if he got himself in better shape and that's helped a little.

Burgos is the type of pitcher who will do better than others at CS because he is a changeup pitcher. Curveballs/sliders won't do well there; changing speeds is what you need to succeed in that environment. I'm all for a spring training invite for him.

Archived