Brewer Fanatic

Official Draft Discussion Thread (Rounds 5-9)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Potential round 6 picks:

Josh Bell, C (Auburn....not the 3b picked by the Dodgers)

Charlie Cutler, C (Cal HS)

Jeremy Slayden, OF (GA Tech)

Mark Wagner, C (UC - Irvine)

Anthony Varvaro, RHP (St. John's)

Somebody I've never heard of (when all else fails, pick the field.)

So the two interesting HS bats from South Carolina (Havens, Smoak) are still there...they must be viewed as unsignable. If the Brewers have some money to throw around I'd be interested to see them pick one of those guys, or Zach Putnam.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Brewers take this guy:

Steve Hammond

I'm really glad the Brewers now have a Dirtbag in their system.

EDIT: Actually Adam Heether was a Dirtbag too.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

His home park could well be the best pitchers' park in college baseball. Hm....another surprise to me. He did play JC ball in Sacramento, as did Manny Parra...so maybe they've been watching him for a while. Still a surprise to me.

Someone mentioned this before, but could somebody please post a link to MLB's sortable list of draft-eligible players . . . I think they call it their "draft tracker"? The damn thing is impossible to find. Thanks.

Greg.

Archived