Brewer Fanatic

Official Draft Discussion Thread (Rounds 1-4)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great. The Inman dossier now includes "some injuries" and signability issues, in addition to a stocky build, a tired arm last summer, delivery issues, and being a freakin' high school RHP to begin with. The sky's the limit for this guy.

Greg.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
I assumed my sarcasm would be obvious.

With you I can never tell..http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote:
Great. The Inman dossier now includes "some injuries" and signability issues, in addition to a stocky build, a tired arm last summer, delivery issues, and being a freakin' high school RHP to begin with. The sky's the limit for this guy.

The way this draft works he'll likely be the NL starting pitcher in the 2008 All-Star game.

Michael Moore got picked? He better have big power, I doubt he has much speed. His autobiography will HAVE to be titled OPS .911.

From BA on Gamel

While putting together our draft preview issue, we checked in with Jeff Johnson, the head coach at Chipola (Fla.) Junior College to get the vitals on speedy outfielder Darren Ford, who signed a couple of weeks ago with the Brewers. During the same call, all Johnson wanted to tell us about was Matt Gamel, his third baseman, who as the 115th pick, will join Ford in the Brewers system. Gamel went .433-14-63 this year, and Johnson called him the second or third best hitter in the state.

Archived