Brewer Fanatic

Jeremy Jeffress arrested in Dallas (DWI)

Hammer
Why JJ? WHY?! You could have killed someone by doing something so selfish. I'm just so disappointed right now. I pray he exercises his inner demons out because there obviously is still something there.

Yah it's dissapointing as it seemed he had changed and was a great story. Unfortunately it appears not a single thing has changed. I am sure he was drove drunk many times before just never got caught. I am not sure what made me sick more...the fact he nearly hit another car multiple times or the fact he literally handed over his Rangers ID thinking he was entitled to something.

At this point very glad he is gone and someone else's problem. Like always though I hope he can change his ways. I never wish bad things on people who make mistakes, but I sure won't be sorry for him every time he does something stupid.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Brewers actually have a reasonably good support system in place for their athletes now, it's not something they've always done and is relatively new. I wonder if Texas has the same? It's not something you ever read about.

The thing is though, Jeffress easily could have also been drinking and driving sometimes here in Milwaukee, but he simply never got caught. Same thing with the weed found in his car.

I unfortunately used to recklessly party a lot in my early 20's and that included drinking and driving sometimes. It took me hitting a pole to stop doing so and feeling so very fortunate that i never hurt anyone during that reckless time in my life. Point being, before hitting that pole, i drank and drove other times without ever getting caught.

I'm not going to judge a person. Simply hoping he gets things squared away and I am thankful nobody got hurt. Sometimes when we watch people on TV or read about them, we feel like we know them, but that is absolutely not the case. I'm not directing that at anyone here, just speaking/typing in general.
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The Brewers actually have a reasonably good support system in place for their athletes now, it's not something they've always done and is relatively new. I wonder if Texas has the same? It's not something you ever read about.

The thing is though, Jeffress easily could have also been drinking and driving sometimes here in Milwaukee, but he simply never got caught. Same thing with the weed found in his car.

yeah I find the odds of him just going completely off the rails three weeks after leaving Milwaukee sort of slim. Possible I suppose but more likely he was doing stuff in Milwaukee and it caught up to him in Dallas.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Why JJ? WHY?! You could have killed someone by doing something so selfish. I'm just so disappointed right now. I pray he exercises his inner demons out because there obviously is still something there.

Yah it's dissapointing as it seemed he had changed and was a great story. Unfortunately it appears not a single thing has changed. I am sure he was drove drunk many times before just never got caught. I am not sure what made me sick more...the fact he nearly hit another car multiple times or the fact he literally handed over his Rangers ID thinking he was entitled to something.

At this point very glad he is gone and someone else's problem. Like always though I hope he can change his ways. I never wish bad things on people who make mistakes, but I sure won't be sorry for him every time he does something stupid.

+1. This is disappointing. We are human and people make mistakes. But, there is no excuse or defending this when you can hurt innocent third parties. He urinated all over himself for crying out loud. He must have been really trashed. Anyone knows better. Throw the book at him and wish him to get better.

Handing over his Rangers card is offensive. Big deal, you can throw a baseball. You're not better than anyone else or allowed to put people's lives in danger because you're selfish and decide to drive wasted. No excuse.

It was 15k for a newspaper add or else it would have happened.

That seems excessive. Glad he decided to spend his money elsewhere.

It was a full page advertisement which seems right. A lot of people read that paper and the people who view an entire page advertisement is probably a lot higher than a smaller advertisement.

I certainly send him my best wishes. We all make mistakes and most of us have probably made mistakes that could have ended up much worse, myself included. So I'm no one to point the finger. Not condoning it, but not claiming to be blameless myself either.

Just hope he can get right with whatever he's got going on and keep his career (and more importantly, his life) on track.

Josh, really am sorry to hear about this. Hoping for the best for Jeremy. My family has had challenges with substances, and I really want to see him succeed. Wishing you, Jeremy, and his family the best.

I was sorry to hear about this yesterday. As others have noted, I hope this is just a blip on the radar that he can bounce back from, both personally and professionally. He has been such a good comeback story, and I'd hate to see his career harmed long term by an incident like this.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Yes, the personal aspect is the priority.

That being said, Jeffress is on the brink of his first arbitration hearing (or a contract settlement/extension with the Rangers if the parties agree), so the fact he's so close to his first substantial payday, and could be contributing to a division-leading playoff club while continuing to establish that value down the stretch, makes this alleged major transgression all the more disappointing for all parties.

Josh, really am sorry to hear about this. Hoping for the best for Jeremy. My family has had challenges with substances, and I really want to see him succeed. Wishing you, Jeremy, and his family the best.

I can't put it any better than this.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I can't put it any better than this.

Here, here.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

About the only post in this entire thread that I agree with.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Ranger fans kinda blew it off, probably because they love Lucroy so much.. his game calling, making pitchers better, hitting, clubhouse, good guy etc... THere was also the Gomez signing and of course the Cowboys have been all over the news.. Romo/Dak and it's funny Ezkiel Elliotts visit to the head shop got more press and coverage than JJ did...

Archived