Brewer Fanatic

Jeremy Jeffress arrested in Dallas (DWI)

Hammer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lets not rush to any assumptions with what happened. no details have been provided other than he was arrested.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

also, what happened has zero impact on what player the brewers can take. A list was chosen back on the day of the trade, and Texas agreed that one of those players would be the PTBNL. They cannot change that because he was arrested.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

also, what happened has zero impact on what player the brewers can take. A list was chosen back on the day of the trade, and Texas agreed that one of those players would be the PTBNL. They cannot change that because he was arrested.

Do we know that for sure? I would love for this not to effect the PTBNL, but trades can be structured in almost infinite ways. The PTBNL in the Sabathia trade was affected by how the Brewers did post trade. It is not out of the realm of possibility that there are caveats to the pool of players we have to choose from.

You are probably right but I would not be so sure of myself.

The Brewers actually have a reasonably good support system in place for their athletes now, it's not something they've always done and is relatively new. I wonder if Texas has the same? It's not something you ever read about.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Man, what a bummer. Time to come back to Milwaukee.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Like many aspects of life a social change can lead to a decision you might not have made in the past. Fortunately Jeffress was caught and will pay for his poor choices. I am glad Jeffress is OK, but more importantly everyone else on the road that morning as sometimes others suffer more for selfish decisions like this. Hopefully Jeffress learns you only get so many second chances in life and as a professional athlete he is lucky to get more than any typical person would.

I doubt he isn't taking the trade well. The problem is a change of environment and people around him. Nothing the Rangers could realistically avoid unless they put him on a leash 24/7. At the end of the day Jeffress is an adult.

Like many aspects of life a social change can lead to a decision you might not have made in the past. Fortunately Jeffress was caught and will pay for his poor choices. I am glad Jeffress is OK, but more importantly everyone else on the road that morning as sometimes others suffer more for selfish decisions like this. Hopefully Jeffress learns you only get so many second chances in life and as a professional athlete he is lucky to get more than any typical person would.

I doubt he isn't taking the trade well. The problem is a change of environment and people around him. Nothing the Rangers could realistically avoid unless they put him on a leash 24/7. At the end of the day Jeffress is an adult.

Couldn't have said this better myself.

It still can have an effect if the player we get depends on appearances, saves or Rangers playoff appearance. The legal issues probably won't hurt his availability to play for the Rangers, but I don't know what the MLB suspension policy is for DUI's or if his MiLB suspensions will be a factor.

DWI and Marijuana in the glove compartment. I hope he gets the help he needs first and foremost. Number two I hope this doesn't affect the PTBNL.

Might have just started up again or this could be something that he had been doing in MKE. Either way it can't be easy to be thrust into a much higher pressure situation and be separated from your best friend. Situations that are high pressure and traumatic for a guy that has dependency issues. Makes sense from that perspective.

It weird but guys like JJ and Krod flourished here with the Brewers.

That must make us the New England Patriots of the MLB!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived