Brewer Fanatic

2016-08-25 Pirates (Kuhl) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2, 10 innings]

1992casey
Btw, I still prefer the classic gameday that isn't available anymore but the update they made today is a huge improvement over what it was the last month or so when you couldn't even go back to a previous at bat to see where pitches were. The only question is why they rolled out the new one without any alternative when there were still a ton of problems with the new one that needed to be fixed.

Btw, I still prefer the classic gameday that isn't available anymore but the update they made today is a huge improvement over what it was the last month or so when you couldn't even go back to a previous at bat to see where pitches were. The only question is why they rolled out the new one without any alternative when there were still a ton of problems with the new one that needed to be fixed.

I havent used it at all this year because of this. I only liked the old version. I'm happy to hear they changed something.

Have we even put a 3-0 pitch in play this season? Stop swinging at it.

In play, yes. Base hit, bizarrely no.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/split.cgi?t=b&team=MIL&year=2016

Check this out - the Brewers are batting .000/.948/.000 in 3-0 counts this year.

Edit: Evidently not that weird, looking at some other teams. Misunderstood the stat.

Broxton has a ridiculous success rate. If he get 600 PAs next year, he'll steal 60 easily.

Man when was the last time the Brewers had 3 guys steal 30 in a season? 40? Heck they could have 3 guys steal 50 bases next year(Villar, Broxton, and longer shot Perez).

Broxton has a ridiculous success rate. If he get 600 PAs next year, he'll steal 60 easily.

Man when was the last time the Brewers had 3 guys steal 30 in a season? 40? Heck they could have 3 guys steal 50 bases next year(Villar, Broxton, and longer shot Perez).

I do remember the 92 Brewers did with Listach/Hamilton/Molitor, don't know if it has been done since then.

Fun game to watch. The Brewers are getting better. Not sure about pitching to McCutchen with 2 outs and a man in scoring position. Also not at all sure about using a shift against McCutchen either (I'm sure the metrics support it though)
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

The pitch to McCutchen for the second run just bothers me. It is either on Peralta, Pina, or the coaching staff. Or all three. Why... why with a shift on do you throw an outside fastball? A great hitter like McCutchen is going to shoot that through the hole more times than not.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It's tremendously annoying, and it's just plain innaccurate.

I wonder if it'd be possible to tweet him in order to bring this to his attention.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It's tremendously annoying, and it's just plain innaccurate.

I wonder if it'd be possible to tweet him in order to bring this to his attention.

I don't think he has a twitter account. Best bet would probably be to tweet Schroeder, Sophia or Telly and see if they'll say something to him.

It's just especially annoying to me since I have relatives with the last name Pena that live in Pima County, Arizona. Maybe I'll start calling them the Pinas from Pema County.

I can't explain Counsell's intentional walk decisions. They seem incredibly arbitrary and gut-driven.

Back in June in a tight game in LA he intentionally walked 2 to load the bases to bring up Turner, who was the only one that had killed us all day. Other times he'll avoid the intentional walk, like last night. McCutchen has been hitting over .300 in June and was 2 for 4 before his last plate appearance last night. It's not like he's been scuffling.

I can't explain Counsell's intentional walk decisions. They seem incredibly arbitrary and gut-driven.

Back in June in a tight game in LA he intentionally walked 2 to load the bases to bring up Turner, who was the only one that had killed us all day. Other times he'll avoid the intentional walk, like last night. McCutchen has been hitting over .300 in June and was 2 for 4 before his last plate appearance last night. It's not like he's been scuffling.

You could tell from the way he was swinging the bat earlier in the game that he was dialed in. I suppose they might have been looking at platoon advantages, righty vs righty. I would have walked Cutch and pitched to the LH batter Polanco. Easy for me to say of course.

I still don't think you should just automatically shift on McCutchen either, no matter what the metrics say. He seemed to pretty easily hit a ground ball to where the 2B usually plays. Are they going by the percentage of ground balls he hits overall or is there a metric for "late inning at-bats with less than 2 outs and the go ahead run on 3rd"? Asking that seriously. At some point some old school Baseball IQ has to come into play here. The greats of the game can hit ground balls to 2B all day long, especially off of a pitcher who tops out at 92-93 mph!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Archived