Brewer Fanatic

Oswaldo Arcia

I like the idea. He's a better hitter than anyone on our bench. Maybe the motivation of playing with his brother leads him to lose a much needed 15 pounds in the offseason which could give his poor defense a boost.

He still just 25 years old, yet another Twins prospect who was hurt by being brought up too young.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

He was poo-pooed by most posters in the thread about his last release and I would assume the same will happen here. He's a Doug Melvin guy who can hit the ball far but offers nothing else. Stearns has done a good job at getting rid of those guys (Carter excluded) so I can't imagine him picking one up.

Brewers could use LH bats with pop. He's much better than say Wilkins and I doubt Nieuwenhuis is retained. Wait till after the season and see what the roster situation looks like. Maybe he'd take a minor league deal. I would hope his brother is enough of a pro that he could survive his brother being released. If not then they have bigger problems.

I would hope his brother is enough of a pro that he could survive his brother being released. If not then they have bigger problems.

It might be worth bringing in Oswaldo for that test alone. Better to find out about bigger problems earlier then at the last moment...

I would hope his brother is enough of a pro that he could survive his brother being released. If not then they have bigger problems.

It might be worth bringing in Oswaldo for that test alone. Better to find out about bigger problems earlier then at the last moment...

I'm sorry but that's a dumb reason. Let's mess with his family to see what happens.

Heh, I read the thread title while eating my lunch today and thought somebody had already lost patience and wanted to trade ORLANDO Arcia! Sorry about that! Carry on!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

After 2 PA's the Marlins have just DFA'd him.

Oh good, we have another chance at our future!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived