Brewer Fanatic

Brent Suter's contract selected, will start tomorrow in Seattle

And That
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a nice story but this feels like the pitching version of Wilkins and Elmore where we don't want to waste our real prospects service time. The exception being Arcia of course.

I have a feeling he is brought up as cannon fodder, but maybe they have plans for him to be in the 2017 rotation?

Not even close to the same. Those guys are AAAA 25th man roster filler who almost certainly will not be Brewers next year.

i'm predicting rob scahill optioned, domingo santana activated, and one of ramon flores or kirk nieuwenhuis designated for assigment to make room on the 40-man and 25-man roster for suter.

Theyll probably put Houser on the 60. No need to DFA anyone.

I don't think they would want to pay Houser and give him service time.

granted it was under doug melvin, but in 2014, the brewers could've recalled johnny hellweg and put him on the 60-day disabled list but never did.

when a player optioned to the minor leagues is recalled just to be put on the 60-day disabled list, it essentially doubles the cost of bringing up a guy making his mlb debut like suter, because the club has to pay both players a major league salary, and as noted, they both accrue service time.

Good for Suter. Let's hope he can pitch well and earn a rotation spot going into 2017.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

This is a nice story but this feels like the pitching version of Wilkins and Elmore where we don't want to waste our real prospects service time. The exception being Arcia of course.

I have a feeling he is brought up as cannon fodder, but maybe they have plans for him to be in the 2017 rotation?

Not even close to the same. Those guys are AAAA 25th man roster filler who almost certainly will not be Brewers next year.

The guy has certainly been productive no doubt. I am willing to give him a break since he pitched in CS.

Still, the guy will be 27 on August 29th.

The guy has certainly been productive no doubt. I am willing to give him a break since he pitched in CS.

Still, the guy will be 27 on August 29th.

Brent hopefully is the lefthanded version of Mike Fiers. There's reasons to believe he is. If he is we've mined a very nice asset.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Good. The anti Scott Karl. Didnt he pitch when we had that catcher from the Diamondbacks? 3 hour games

You're not thinking of Doug Davis pitching to Chad Moeller, are you? I seem to remember Davis just taking forever, not to mention, he was a nibbler (again, as I remember - haven't looked up anything on him) so each at-bat would just drag on. Ugh. SHARPIE!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
For National Clancy Day, there's something that the Brewers forgot to mention. Suter will be starting at catcher.

And Ryan Braun has been moved back to third base. :P

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

i'm predicting rob scahill optioned, domingo santana activated, and one of ramon flores or kirk nieuwenhuis designated for assigment to make room on the 40-man and 25-man roster for suter.

i was close. damien magnifico optioned, santana activated and flores designated for assignment. if the brewers wish to outright flores to the minor leagues, he cannot refuse the assignment.

Good. The anti Scott Karl. Didnt he pitch when we had that catcher from the Diamondbacks? 3 hour games

You're not thinking of Doug Davis pitching to Chad Moeller, are you? I seem to remember Davis just taking forever, not to mention, he was a nibbler (again, as I remember - haven't looked up anything on him) so each at-bat would just drag on. Ugh. SHARPIE!

Yup that's the tandem. Grrrrrrrrrr.

After watching Suter last night I just don't see how he can sustain success as a starter in the MLB. That third time around the smacked him around like he owed them money.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

After watching Suter last night I just don't see how he can sustain success as a starter in the MLB. That third time around the smacked him around like he owed them money.

Maybe, maybe not. Jungmann, Peralta, Garza and the rest get "pretty smacked around" all the time. As Hillary would say... "At this point, what does it matter!"

Archived