Brewer Fanatic

Brent Suter's contract selected, will start tomorrow in Seattle

And That

LHP Brent Suter (@bruter24) will join the #Brewers tomorrow in Seattle and make his Major League debut as he starts against the Mariners.

Clancy wins. And Suter will be the first LHP to start a game for the Brewers in almost 3 full calendar years. This is how it turned out.

Going to guess Scahill gets the ax from the active roster/40-man but no move announced just yet.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think he gets shelled. I know it's Colorado Springs, but righties murdered him this year, and it's still a step up from CS to MLB.

I'm not sure if it's a step up to face the Mariners though. Their only RH bat of note is Nelson Cruz. Be interested to see who out of Aoki, Cano, Seager, Lind, and Martin they sit.

Suter deserves a chance, was having a great year except for last outing. Only thing that concerns me is the low k total for 110 innings, balls are going to be put in play and the defense needs to strong. Seattle been hot lately but maybe Suter can cool them off.

i'm predicting rob scahill optioned, domingo santana activated, and one of ramon flores or kirk nieuwenhuis designated for assigment to make room on the 40-man and 25-man roster for suter.

Theyll probably put Houser on the 60. No need to DFA anyone.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'd like to point out that Suter is having a nice season. He had a 7.45 ERA in April, then has been very solid in a difficult pitching environment (ERA down to 3.50 on the season). He's a hittable pitcher, but he really limits walks. He's the kind of player that would really benefit from a good defense.

This is a nice story but this feels like the pitching version of Wilkins and Elmore where we don't want to waste our real prospects service time. The exception being Arcia of course.

I have a feeling he is brought up as cannon fodder, but maybe they have plans for him to be in the 2017 rotation?

This is a nice story but this feels like the pitching version of Wilkins and Elmore where we don't want to waste our real prospects service time. The exception being Arcia of course.

I have a feeling he is brought up as cannon fodder, but maybe they have plans for him to be in the 2017 rotation?

He was by far our best pitcher at the highest MiLB level...

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Brent is a very nice pitcher, not much of a thrower. It usually takes a few games for him to figure out the level of his opponent, but once he does, he is fine. He went to Harvard, for goodness sakes! He is a thinker with talent. I think he will do just fine.

In the end, he might not make a major league starting staff, but he is a real prospect. Take a look, he has been the best pitcher in CS the last season plus and did very well in AA in 2015 before moving up. At some point production can't be ignored and he needed a shot, just thought it would be September.

Archived