Brewer Fanatic

2016-08-16 Brewers (Garza) at Cubs (Cahill), 12:20 PM; Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Hammel), 7:05 PM [Brewers lose game 1, 4-0; lose game 2, 4-1]

1992casey
It's not a given that a team won't try to stop you, you still have to run. There's risk on the runner's part. If you try to walk to the next base, they'll tag you out no problem.

No in my opinion the way they enforce it is perfect. There are situations where a team isn't going to try and throw you out. Down by 5 runs and stealing 2nd with two outs in the bottom of the 9th is a great example. There is no risk...NONE. The infielders are so far off the base they could not try to get you out even if they wanted to.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the way they enforce it is perfect.

It's not enforced, it's an official scoring decision based on the whim of the person making the decision. Same as an error. Difference being, there's some natural subjectivity in an error/hit ruling. A stolen base, on the other hand, is easily defined, and the defensive indifference scoring just serves to muddle it up.

There is no risk...NONE.

Typing in capital letters don't make absolutisms true. There's always risk. You can't just walk to the next base. If you could, why not just have the defense issue an Intentional Stolen Base and take the theatre out of it?

At least Ryan could walk. That doesn't mean that he'll be able to walk a couple of hours from now, though.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I want "Defensive Indifference" done away with in the next CBA. You steal a base, you steal a base. It shouldn't be too subjective.

I agree. I personally think a batter should get an rbi even if they hit into a bases loaded double play. Then speaking of double play...I don't like that you can't assume a double play.

A 4 minute review and they still couldn't get a fairly easy call right. He was pretty clearly safe.

Hand was pretty clearly on home plate and then the swipe tag from Maldonado came. I really don't know why it took more than 60 seconds much less how they concluded there wasn't enough evidence.

Archived