Brewer Fanatic

Cubs are self-destructive

molitor fan

Jesse Rogers ESPN Staff Writer

The Cubs say they unintentionally played the song 'Smack My Bit.ch Up' last night when Aroldis Chapman walked off the mound in the ninth inning. The Cubs will have a strong response to it this morning. It was "unfortunate and should not have happened," according to the team.

I actually have enjoyed watching the Cubs team last 16 months or so - enjoyable, entertaining and a good group....this Chapman deal might go a bit sideways for them, and despite my good vibes towards the players on the team, I will be pleased if it does because of my dislike for their fans and to some degree their management....the Cubs have a very long, very entertaining, and very painful litany of swoons and failures....maybe stupid mistakes that pull them from World Series appearances just reside in the team DNA, right down to the guy that plays the entrance and exit music...

Smack My Bit.ch Up

The word that's quoted normally is filtered, and Fan Forum Etiquette doesn't allow circumvention of the cuss filter to get filtered words to display. But in this case, I edited the period into the post above so the song title would be clear.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Yeah, the song is inappropriate in and of itself.

Once at Miller Park, they played [cite]Blister in the Sun[/cite] from start to finish. I'd assume that whoever played it never paid attention to the lyrics. Of course, the intro to the song is immensely popular in parks across the country, and that's fine.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The Cubs fired the DJ:

Understandable, which begs the question and obvious answer:

If the Cubs waited less than 24 hours to fire and make an example out of someone for playing a song that alluded to domestic violence to show a strong stance on the issue as an organization, why trade for and continue to employ a guy who was suspended for actually committing an act of domestic violence?

Answer: The Cubs can find a lot more people to play a jukebox than who can throw 100mph, and strong moral stances are never stronger than desires to win in professional sports.

The Cubs fired the DJ:

Understandable, which begs the question and obvious answer:

If the Cubs waited less than 24 hours to fire and make an example out of someone for playing a song that alluded to domestic violence to show a strong stance on the issue as an organization, why trade for and continue to employ a guy who was suspended for actually committing an act of domestic violence?

Answer: The Cubs can find a lot more people to play a jukebox than who can throw 100mph, and strong moral stances are never stronger than desires to win in professional sports.

Yeah, it's basically sending the message of "How dare you remind us of the thing we are trying to overlook because he can help us win games, and isn't that what's really important here?"

Gruber Lawffices

I always enjoy reading the comments about another teams "bad-boy" player when >99% of Brewer Nation gave KRod a free ride while playing for the Brewers...

Not really. I posted this when he was traded. My post was also quoted later with an "A-freakin'-men."

I always enjoy reading the comments about another teams "bad-boy" player when >99% of Brewer Nation gave KRod a free ride while playing for the Brewers...

And Ryan Braun is still the best thing ever.

Let's not compare beating a wife/girlfriend to taking PEDs.

And Ryan Braun is still the best thing ever.

Let's not compare beating a wife/girlfriend to taking PEDs.

Well his comment was about "bad boys" in general" and he wasn't referring to just Chapman.

Not really. I posted this when he was traded. My post was also quoted later with an "A-freakin'-men."

By me. I have approximately 1000 posts here, and at least 20 of them were about how unhappy I was that K-Rod was a Brewer. A woman abuser is a piece of trash no matter what uniform he wears. I distinctly remember you being in that same camp.

My question is why that song is even in the system at Wrigley. Is there an appropriate time to celebrate violence against women? It almost seems as if this guy was making some sort of statement on his own. Which he went about extremely poorly if that was the case.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I always enjoy reading your positive contributions to the board.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think this is hilarious, and I wish someone in the media would have the guts to ask Cub management exactly what Fear the Chorizo asked (Why fire the guy who highlighted the fact that you are employing a wife beater? Why not fire the wife beater?)

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Maybe I'm wrong but didn't Chapman simply fire a gun in his garage and never touch his wife/girlfriend/whatever? Not sure how that makes him a wife beater. Also not sure how one random Cubs employee who has really nothing to do with the team playing a song makes them self destructive.

Chapman allegedly choked his girlfriend, pushed her against a wall and fired eight gunshots in his garage during an argument at his home in Florida in late October.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

This.

If you are member of this site and complained about K-Rod when he played for the Brewers you are free to continue posting in this thread what a scumbag Chapman is.

Archived