Brewer Fanatic

Giancarlo Stanton done for the season

molitor fan

That's really unfortunate, he's one of my favorite players and hope he doesn't continue having season-ending injuries.

On the other hand... I wonder if they would now be interested in picking up an MVP-caliber, corner outfielder that doesn't have no-trade protection to their team...

Stanton just cannot stay healthy. All the talent/prodigious power means nothing if he can't stay on the field.

Since 2011, when he played 150 games, he's missed 204 games. Now he'll miss the last 45 games, making it 249 games missed in 5 years. 249 games missed of a possible 810. Almost 1 in every 3 games, he's not on the field...the last five seasons.

And he's 26 now. The Marlins signed him to a 13 year, $325 million contract last year. That's a kind of stupid you just can't justify.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

He played in 145 games in 2014, so not sure why that is even an issue. That's understandable. '15, too. You get nailed by a pitch, and something gets broken, nothing you can really do about that.

What about the 39 games he missed in 2012? The 46 games he missed in 2013? The 59 games he'll miss this season because of a groin injury. Really?

I don't blame him for the time missed because of the beanings. But these other times he's missed, you have to wonder.

He got beaned in the face in 2014 and beaned in the hand in 2015. Not sure how you can blame him for those. It's not like he's getting pulls and strains.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

He got beaned in the face in 2014 and beaned in the hand in 2015. Not sure how you can blame him for those. It's not like he's getting pulls and strains.

I'm just thankful he doesn't play for the Cardinals. The carnage that would have been left in the wake of those incidents would have left even The Punisher shaking his head and saying, "That...that was just too much."

While stretching to get a double last night, Stanton's groin apparently did not make it to 2nd base, as he has a very serious injury that will cause him to miss the rest of the season

We get every Marlin game down here and Stanton had no business trying to stretch that into a double - him getting called out on 2nd ended the game - and he hurt himself on top of it. He is one of my favorite players and it is a damn shame he is hurt again. :(

Welcome to the Marlins, A-Rod.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived