Brewer Fanatic

2016 September callups (Ben Rowan, Yadiel Rivera, Josmil Pinto promoted)

LouisEly

In this Spanish-language article, Yadiel Rivera discussed (Google translate, so bear with the grammar, please) things the Brewers have him working on:

"In the mental aspect, (this year) he taught me that we have to keep working. To be ready for next year, because I have already had talks with Milwaukee and they want me to play and work on batting mechanics, which in September we changed it a bit. Next year I'm going to compete for a seat on the bench. Who knows if a change happens and I can play on a daily basis. But, so far, it's fighting for a seat coming from the bench in Milwaukee, "continued Rivera.

What specifically is batting mechanics working? Asked Primera Hora.

"They sent me to raise my leg. Earlier he did not raise his batting leg and now they want him to raise his leg looking for more strength to hit the ball. It was something that the leader told the batting coach to work with me and we are incorporating now, "said Rivera.

"That gives a lot to talk about. I understand that Milwaukee likes my game and they will try to give me the opportunity. Now, it's up to one to work and put it where they want you to get to be successful in the majors, "I continue.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived