Brewer Fanatic

2016-08-11 Braves (Hernandez) at Brewers (Garza), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-3; score in every inning]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/braves.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 11 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Braves (43-71) | Brewers (50-62)[/h2][h3]WTMJ 620, WRRD 1510[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/braves_hernandez-roberto-01.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_garza-matt-09.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Roberto Hernandez[/pitcher][h2]1-0, 5.40 ERA, 1.40 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]The artist formerly known as Fausto Carmona returned to the Majors on Saturday for the first time in over a year. The 35-year-old vet relies on deception while primarily using his slider and a fastball that sits around 90 mph.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Matt Garza[/pitcher][h2]3-4, 5.03 ERA, 1.53 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Braves | Game Log[/h3][h3]”It’s a lot of fun to have my stuff back,” Garza said after his third straight effective outing in Arizona on Saturday. He has a 3.12 ERA in those games.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Ender Inciarte (L)
  2. SS Erick Aybar (S)
  3. 1B Freddie Freeman (L)
  4. RF Nick Markakis (L)
  5. 3B Adonis Garcia ®
  6. 2B Jace Peterson (L)
  7. LF Jeff Francoeur ®
  8. C Anthony Recker ®
  9. RHP Roberto Hernandez ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 3B Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. SS Orlando Arcia ®
  3. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  4. 1B Chris Carter ®
  5. LF Kirk Nieuwenhuis (L)
  6. RF Hernan Perez ®
  7. CF Keon Broxton ®
  8. C Manny Pina ®
  9. RHP Matt Garza ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

MLB's blackout restrictions are beyond annoying and not fan-friendly at all.

Can't watch the game because we want you to watch your local broadcast. Oh, you don't have a local broadcast today? Then I guess you just can't watch at all.

I'm getting the game on my Mac today because Time Warner has MLB thinking I'm in Fremont, CA. My Apple TV and iPad determine my location accurately, though.

I'm getting the game on my Mac today because Time Warner has MLB thinking I'm in Fremont, CA. My Apple TV and iPad determine my location accurately, though.

That happened to me with Direct a few weeks ago, for some reason I had the local Fox Sports broadcasts for St. Louis.

I don't particularly care right now, but the Giants and A's would be blacked out.

Kind of cool that Broxton stole home while Piña was caught between first and second. The Braves probably could have prevented the run by conceding the stolen base at second.

Yeah, not an easy thing to do, either.

Of course, it's an even greater accomplishment if you score in all nine frames.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

8th time since 1940 that a team has scored in every frame.

Also, every starting position player had at least one hit. Piña was 2 for 3 with a walk and his first three MLB RBIs. Arcia got his first triple. Pérez was 3 for 4, including a homer. And Scooter hit his tenth home run.

It's a real big deal, yet it has no mention on ESPN. Their 'breaking news' story is that the Warriors and Cavs will be playing each other on Christmas Day.

I hate the NBA and their dang scheduling. At least MLB, NHL, and the NFL will show the small market teams during a prime time event. The NBA not so much.

Cleveland and Oakland are the definition of small market.

Let me rephrase. If the team did not make the playoffs or doesn't have a known superstar the NBA will not put that team on any of their prime time games.

Yeah, not an easy thing to do, either.

Of course, it's an even greater accomplishment if you score in all nine frames.

It's only been done twice, Giants at Phillies, Cardinals @ Cubs and both teams that did it won the series that year over the Yankees. Uecker singled and scored for the Cardinals.

I was hoping the Braves would get 8 in the 9th and the Brewers would walk it off in the bottom half - it is almost impossible for a home team to score in all 9 innings.

Cleveland and Oakland are the definition of small market.

Let me rephrase. If the team did not make the playoffs or doesn't have a known superstar the NBA will not put that team on any of their prime time games.

Any why would they? They're trying to get ratings, not make everyone feel good.

Archived