Brewer Fanatic

Tim Tebow pursuing baseball career

ZBTMP
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...

Saw an article about Tebow who is still kicking it in MiLB baseball. The New York Mets are now wasting a spot on their AA team for Tebow. His strikeout rate is rough, but has 4 homers along with a .325 OBP/.710 OPS.

Honestly it looks like he might just be passable enough to get a MLB callup someday if the Mets aren't competing in September. He doesn't deserve it by potential and stats, but the attraction of him would probably be nice. I give him credit...he has lasted and done a lot better than I was thinking.

When you consider all the never-will-be's that make up minor league rosters, I don't know how anyone can complain about Tebow being around. His numbers are serviceable and he sells tickets where ever they play.

He plays in the OF though (LF) and plays a lot. I’d think any team can find more legit guys to put in LF. Not a big deal I’m the grand scheme.

When you consider all the never-will-be's that make up minor league rosters, I don't know how anyone can complain about Tebow being around. His numbers are serviceable and he sells tickets where ever they play.

This is very true, I can pick at least five guys on each of our minor league teams that hold roster spots, that have basically a 0 chance of ever doing anything in the big leagues. It's the same when you look at the draft past round 20. You can waste a pick on whatever crazy longshot you want, 90+% will never play in a major league game.

Archived