Brewer Fanatic

Tim Tebow pursuing baseball career

ZBTMP
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball.

:)

Great movie, but unless I am interpreting this incorrectly, I do question why someone dislikes Tebow just because of his religion. I see absolutely nothing wrong with someone attempting to achieve their dreams even if his chances of making the bigs is slim to none. Kind of inspirational actually.

Well it's because of his religion and his religion ONLY that he is an absolute media darling. I realize this is more the media's fault and not Tim's but

please answer me this DocLuna 7...

Why should Tebow get to ride the Son of God's coat tails while everyone else has to actually perform on the field in order to even get a 10th of the attention this guy gets?

Swing and a Drive: I would answer your question with another question. Why does Tim Tebow being publicly religious bother you and/or make you think that he can't play baseball? As others have pointed out, even though he wasn't a Pro Bowler in the NFL Tebow did have a pretty impressive college football career. I am guessing that there are plenty of athletes at the high school and college levels who also are publicly religious and who do not make the NFL or professional baseball. I guess I just don't understand criticizing someone just because they are religious and think that it's a bit unfair. I think that it's also worth pointing out that Tebow did not spend the last ten years laying around at church camp. He spent the last ten years as a college/professional athlete in highly competitive environments and did well enough to last that long with some success.

• 2 weeks later...

People expected his arm to be plus when that was one of his issues in the NFL? Not to mention his throwing mechanics stunk?

He can do whatever he likes, but it's awfully late in the game to try and switch gears like this.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Best of luck,to Tim.....

"Tim Tebow work out was certainly good enough that someone will give him a chance. Running and Power were his... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0562359427160609629-4

NL scout on gave serious praise to Tim Tebow, "That raw power is irreplaceable," asked him to grade his power, "80"

80 is the max, which is quite a difference from the 55 that Bowden reported.

Most of what I've seen reported is classic Tebow. Off the charts athletic ability that doesn't translate to consistency on the field.

I think his best athletic venue would be WWE. And I'm just partially joking. He's got the athletic ability to make it work, and should be able to work the mic with no issues. He'd make an incredible heel with potential to turn face.

Gruber Lawffices

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

“It was a complete waste of time,’’ said an American League scout, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about his assessment. “It was like watching an actor trying to portray a baseball player."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/08/30/tim-tebow-baseball-tryout-showcase-workout-scouts-usc-reaction/89611816/

“It was a complete waste of time,’’ said an American League scout, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about his assessment. “It was like watching an actor trying to portray a baseball player."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/08/30/tim-tebow-baseball-tryout-showcase-workout-scouts-usc-reaction/89611816/

Some scouts are saying he looked ok, some are saying he looked terrible. It's tough to take anything away from that. Unlike most others, I hope he makes it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm not a big league scout (or even a little league coach) but that swing looks like it needs a lot of work. I don't doubt the power, he looks jacked up. His swing looks pretty bad. If he gets signed on, he needs a coach that can get him into some consistent mechanics.

I'm not a big league scout (or even a little league coach) but that swing looks like it needs a lot of work. I don't doubt the power, he looks jacked up. His swing looks pretty bad. If he gets signed on, he needs a coach that can get him into some consistent mechanics.

Same swing as Travis Hafner had not sure that is good or bad.

Same swing as Travis Hafner had not sure that is good or bad.

Pronk had a handful of very good seasons until injuries caught up with him...

Mets ended up signing him to a MiLB deal. Really this is a no lose situation. At worst one of their MiLB clubs is really happy by a spike in attendance. Best case he actually is decent enough to climb the ladder a bit and make multiple MiLB clubs happy...or baseball was his best sport all along and he becomes something.

He's not even going to be available for all of the instructionals because of his ESPN job. Like I said before, this is a publicity stunt.

http://deadspin.com/this-is-how-you-know-tim-tebow-is-serious-about-and-com-1786386379

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

He's not even going to be available for all of the instructionals because of his ESPN job. Like I said before, this is a publicity stunt.

http://deadspin.com/this-is-how-you-know-tim-tebow-is-serious-about-and-com-1786386379

He's probably contractually obligated to do the ESPN gig and I'm sure ESPN isn't just going to let him out easily or cheaply.

The amount of hate this guy is getting is ridiculous. You'd think he's being gifted a major league starting job and guaranteed to hit cleanup while being paid $25M a year for 10 years.

He's probably contractually obligated to do the ESPN gig and I'm sure ESPN isn't just going to let him out easily or cheaply.

The amount of hate this guy is getting is ridiculous. You'd think he's being gifted a major league starting job and guaranteed to hit cleanup while being paid $25M a year for 10 years.

Has there been another player allowed to miss multiple days during instructionals for another non-related professional job? If not, why is he treated differently (we already know the answer to this)? This move 100% was publicity just like Garth Brooks in spring training

Has there been another player allowed to miss multiple days during instructionals for another non-related professional job? If not, why is he treated differently (we already know the answer to this)? This move 100% was publicity just like Garth Brooks in spring training

Why would they waste time for a Tebow publicity stunt? The Mets get absolutely nothing out of this. They must see some glimmer of talent or they wouldn't do it.

Why would they waste time for a Tebow publicity stunt? The Mets get absolutely nothing out of this. They must see some glimmer of talent or they wouldn't do it.

$$$$, publicity. It's Business 101. Why did they have Garth Brooks in ST? Must have seen a glimmer of talent I guess

Archived