Brewer Fanatic

Tim Tebow pursuing baseball career

ZBTMP

Link

Anyone wondering what former Brewers catcher Chad Moeller has been up to, the correct answer is working out Tim Tebow.

Might be one way to excite the Kissamee ownership to re-upping with the Brewers....

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what a joke. he hasn't played baseball since highschool and he wasn't even a top recruit then, and now he thinks he can actually play at age 29? go away.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Why can't he just go into coaching football already if he wants his competitive juices flowing? I'm sure he can start as a lower level assistant for almost anyone and likely move up to QB Coach and OC before long. This is just stupid and a publicity stunt. That or of course just stick with doing TV for ESPN/SEC, he's actually good at it.

Maybe you guys should go away? Why can't a man do something without people attacking him? We was a really good baseball player back in high school. Honestly probably good enough to play some passable minor league baseball. If the dude wants to tryout for some MLB teams why can't he? If you read the article it says he tried out for the Dodgers before the season and they had some kind of interest in him. Sounds like he may be better than you guys are giving him credit for. I didn't read anything where he wants an MLB contract. Maybe he is just hoping to play some minor league baseball and see where it takes him.

He can be a broadcaster till 100 if he wants. However his time to play professional sports is much shorter. It sounds like he has actually put some work into this without making it a publicity circus. Good for him and good luck.

I agree with Jericho, it's not really his fault ESPN is obsessed with him. Didn't mean for mine to come off as hating on him. Just saying baseball is the hardest sport to get anywhere and impossible for 29 yr old to all of a sudden pick it up. I just think his clearest best path in sports is to be a college football coach and I think he'd be good at it. If that doesn't click just go back to broadcasting. But if he just wants to play A ball for a few years for the fun of it, good for him, just sucks that espn will spend half their day covering it.

I think it shows a total lack of humility and self-awareness to think that you can step in after a decade+ away and think you can play baseball. He seems pretty arrogant, same reason that he wouldn't go to the CFL to keep his football dreams alive.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I think it shows a total lack of humility and self-awareness to think that you can step in after a decade+ away and think you can play baseball. He seems pretty arrogant, same reason that he wouldn't go to the CFL to keep his football dreams alive.

You seem way too concerned about Tebow's life.

He seems pretty arrogant, same reason that he wouldn't go to the CFL to keep his football dreams alive.

...or play a position other than Quarterback.

[sarcasm]Maybe God wants him to be a starting shortstop now.[/sarcasm]

(That's not a knock on Christianity; I am part of that demographic....just one who thinks the concept of "faith" is incompatible with a God who sends such personalized and direct communications, particularly when those communications are self-serving to the proclaimed recipient.)

I'm concerned about Tim Tebow's life because he's been force fed to us by the media for the past decade. It's been very refreshing having him out of the spotlight for the last few years and I'm annoyed that he's putting himself back in it.

Never been a fan of Tebow but who am I to criticize another man for pursuing their wishes or dreams. I'd give it a try too if I had his resources and athletic ability. He'll most likely fail but good for him for trying.

Dude is definitely jacked. Hit .450 in high school.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/newyork/after-watching-this-video-of-tim-tebow-hitting-in-a-batting-cage-im-as-convinced-as-ever-that-he-can-make-it-to-the-majors/

I'm concerned about Tim Tebow's life because he's been force fed to us by the media for the past decade. It's been very refreshing having him out of the spotlight for the last few years and I'm annoyed that he's putting himself back in it.

Did I miss something and Tebow is PAYING the media to put him back in the spotlight? If not, I am not getting the connection here between him and "putting himself in the spotlight." He has every right to do whatever the heck he wants, who are you to judge?

He can't be any worse that Michael Jordan was, most likely better than Garth Brooks as well. I'm sure he has a cannon for an arm, he's fast, and he can't be a worse outfielder than Adam Dunn or his ilk. He's a phenomenal athlete, I think the time lapse probably makes his making the majors an unlikelihood, but I wouldn't be surprised if he could mash in the minors. He's huge, and he's played in the past. I'm sure he can hit a fastball a long way. I'm not sure how he's much different from a Monte Harrison type, just older, and more mature physically and mentally. This will keep him busy until he's old enough to be president in a few years.

The sport choice to me is what is odd. He's sat out of the NFL for the past few seasons because he has insisted he is a QB only, despite having a skill set that would suggest he could transition to TE. The other thing that's odd is guys like Moeller and Gary Sheffield saying he is "legit" which some are using as evidence that they are essentially paid endorsers to try to land him a job.
Gruber Lawffices

Schaumburg Bombers of the Frontier League reportedly have offered him contract already, and why not? Bombers have a nice facility that I'm guessing is far from filled every night. Heck I'm 10 minutes away and haven't been to a game there since 09 or 10 when Schaumburg had 44 or 45 year old Felix Jose DH'ing. I might go take a look at Tebow if that's where he ends up.

Tim Tebow doesn't really bother me at all, but then again I NEVER watch ESPN so I haven't had him incessantly shoved down my throat for years either.

Any independent league team would be crazy not to sign him for the attendance/publicity boost alone. If he does well there maybe a team would give him a shot in affiliated ball like they did Chris Colabello or Junior Guerra or Aaron Wilkerson or Balbino Fuenmayor or any of the countless others who have made the jump from indy ball to affiliated ball.

I don't seem to remember this much hullabaloo when Tracy McGrady signed with the Sugar Land Skeeters.

The guy is a winner. What would it hurt for someone to give him a minor league deal? He'd probably make a pretty decent 1b or LF. I'm sure he has tons of power, dude is huge. The hate for him has always bothered me. I'd sign him and put him in low A ball and see what happens. I don't think anyone's talking about him being in the majors right away.

Archived