Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Season Ticket Holder Survey

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think going away from the bobbleheads a bit wouldn't be a bad idea. You can do 4 or 5, but you don't need 10 of them a year. I like that they do them for all fans, but 25,000 would still make them pretty easy to get. They have got to end up with so much extra stock of those, especially in a season like this.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Finally! Bobbleheads have become overkill. They are not as special when they give out 13 different ones like this year. (Counting the season ticket holder Braun)

Would love it if they give out 6 at the very most!

25,000 is plenty. If you want a bobble, make sure you get there early, nothing wrong with that! They might even sell more over-priced concessions to those who show up earlier than normal to get the bobble or sga.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I don't like limiting things to the first 25,000 fans--especially since they have established that everybody gets something now. Fan # 25,001 is going to be upset, and if he is a kid, even moreso.

If they want to reduce bobbles, that's fine. I'm not a big fan of the t-shirts, as they are of lesser quality and are prone to shrinking.

I don't like limiting things to the first 25,000 fans--especially since they have established that everybody gets something now. Fan # 25,001 is going to be upset, and if he is a kid, even moreso.

If they want to reduce bobbles, that's fine. I'm not a big fan of the t-shirts, as they are of lesser quality and are prone to shrinking.

I agree, id rather reduce the number than the quantity. Or if you have to make it 35,000 atleast. That should guarantee everyone that is in by the 2nd gets one. If the fans that hang out in the lot until they get kicked into the stadium don't get one i am not too upset about that.

I hope they keep bobbleheads...but only a couple a year. Make them higher quality and make them cooler. If they're only doing 2-3 a year, they should be able to make them look nicer and also not have to make them so lame (I'm looking at you Jeff Suppan and Jason Kendall bobbleheads).

I am all for other stuff too - I do hope they go away from only doing the all fan giveaways on Sundays. It's my least favorite day to go typically but I don't have a choice as they do so much stuff then.

While I wait mostly patiently for my SO (who gets the emails and so has the survey link) to share the survey with me...

Limiting the number of giveaway items could work against out-state fans - get caught in construction or other traffic on the way to Milwaukee and you could be out of luck. While I as an out-state fan realize that the Brewers can't accommodate every instance of the distance gap, keeping all-fan giveaways all-fan seems like a manageable gesture to those of us who drive extra to reach Miller Park.

Limiting the giveaway also means you have to think more about how many giveaways are stationed at each entrance. Fans arriving close to game time aren't going to be pleased about either missing out on a SGA or having to walk to the RF corner entrance because that's the only gate where they haven't run out yet.

If the unclaimed bobbles or whatever are too many to store and there must be a limit, go for first 30,000. This year that would accommodate almost everyone at most games, and close to 75% at sellouts.

As for the content of the all-fan/most-fan giveaways...I like bobbles but I'm not in love with them. I like most of the t-shirt designs, but the sizing is unpredictable and I know fans who are not accommodated by the M/XL options. Other gadgets like the alarm clock can be handy or cool, but I think much would depend on the gadget.

I could live with fewer all-fan giveaway days in general, but then again we actually go for the baseball and the extra swag is just gravy.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I could see why they would consider alternative since they hit a home run with the Uecker clock and most bobble days are no longer even close to selling out. I do like the Sunday all fan giveaway as that is the day with the most kids, it was also nice they went with the Lucroy jersey and backpack for kids this year.

I think if anything they should go back to bigger giveaways being on Fridays/Saturdays and kids-only giveaways on Sundays. I think the last time they did that regularly was 2005 or 2006, when most (or maybe all) bobblehead games were on Saturdays, and there were mini-bobbles given to kids on Sundays. At some point it made sense to shift away from having the biggest giveaways on Saturdays, since they sold those games out anyways (in 2007, they gave out the 5" 1982 team bobbles each Friday and gave out full-size bobbles on a few Sundays). But with how bad the team has been and will be for a couple years, giving out all-age-friendly items on Fridays/Saturdays and kids-only items on Sundays seems like it would make more sense to me.

• 2 months later...

Just got my season ticket renewal email, and it looks like there may only be 4 All-Fan giveaways next year. Have to assume June 4 and July 2 will be kids-only giveaways or limited to a certain number of fans.

From the list of early renewal incentives:

PROMOTIONS GIVEAWAY PACK

Receive six total promotional items, including all four Sunday All-Fan Giveaways as well as the giveaways on June 4 and July 2

EDIT: I moved this post from the ML forum - here seemed more appropriate

It's the same handful of us that discuss bobbleheads on every forum, and we're all collectors to some degree. I didn't have to read this thread to know who wants less bobbleheads. That became painfully obvious years ago. As most of you already know, I got out of the chase pretty much altogether a few year years back because it was too much, and when the Timber Rattlers opted to giveaway 29 a year too, that's when I was completely out.

However, I'd really like to hear what the non-collecting casual fans say/think about bobbles.

Also, who's to say they won't have more theme night issued bobbleheads? Those are more ridiculous than the normal ones. The Uecker alarm is the best thing they've done in 5 seasons. The only bobblehead giveaway they need to do this year is that last sausage stitch n pitch to complete that set.

The only bobblehead giveaway they need to do this year is that last sausage stitch n pitch to complete that set.

They also need to finish the 2nd set of full sized sausages. They need to do the brat, same as they need to do the brat stitch n pitch to finish that set.

The brat gets no respect.

Villar is a lock for 2017, stolen base leader bobble.

Carter, also a lock, Home Run leader bobble.

We know there will be a Hank the Dog bobble. :( The overkill continues.

Rumor has it there will be an Attanasio bobble in 2017, along with a Juan Nieves no hitter 30 year anniversary bobblehead.

I sincerely hope they do the brat to finish the 2nd set of full sized bobbles.

That makes 6 right there...

Special event bobbles are also in play, there will be a stitch n pitch (brat I hope) and a Star Wars bobble...

That makes a minimum of 8.

and I'm pretty sure there will be a vintage bobble too. We can probably expect either a 90's version, or Milwaukee Braves, or possibly even a Seattle Pilots version at some time...

In one of the previous surveys they want to rend toward making the bobblehead days not all fan give away days. I believe some if not all of the bobbles will be the 1st 20,000 days.

hmmm, that will be different, hopefully those who normally show up to games late or at the start of the game will get the message...

In one of the previous surveys they want to rend toward making the bobblehead days not all fan give away days. I believe some if not all of the bobbles will be the 1st 20,000 days.

hmmm, that will be different, hopefully those who normally show up to games late or at the start of the game will get the message...

It's a terrible decision by the Brewers. On every one of those days, a number of kids will be disappointed that someone sitting near them got something for free while they didn't.

And they will have staffers who have to deliver the news to thousands of people that they have run out of the giveaways.

Boo!!

It's a terrible decision by the Brewers. On every one of those days, a number of kids will be disappointed that someone sitting near them got something for free while they didn't.

And they will have staffers who have to deliver the news to thousands of people that they have run out of the giveaways.

Boo!!

And who will be the one to blame? Not the Brewers, the child's parents. Your kid is either too young to even care or should be mature enough to understand they didn't get one. Or worst case scenario you walk over to the team store and just buy a bobblehead. Or maybe it is time for a life lesson that you shouldn't expect free handouts and that life isn't fair.

If you want one get there early. I doubt 20k actually truly feel like they need that bobblehead. If you can't get there early enough to get one then don't go to a bobblehead day.

You're talking on a micro, intra-family level. I'm talking about the whole of the stadium. 25,000 will get something and the other 5,000-15,000 won't--and that's built into the promotion.

The Brewers have declared that a percentage of people who used to get a bobblehead on bobblehead day are no longer going to get one. Instead of a fun day at the old ball yard, they have added an element of stress, to make sure you don't get left out.

If they were interested in cutting costs on the promotion, I'd rather that they make bobbleheads a kid-only item, and make sure that every kid got one. Then if a kid didn't want it (or if a family got multiples) they could sell it or give it to someone else.

I'm really struggling if I want to get the 20 pack of the fans choice package. My tickets went up $2 per seat for a team with the lowest payroll in baseball. Plus, the choice package has been changed where I have to select games through 3 different groups. Part of me wants to just say screw it and not get the tickets this year.

You're talking on a micro, intra-family level. I'm talking about the whole of the stadium. 25,000 will get something and the other 5,000-15,000 won't--and that's built into the promotion.

The Brewers have declared that a percentage of people who used to get a bobblehead on bobblehead day are no longer going to get one. Instead of a fun day at the old ball yard, they have added an element of stress, to make sure you don't get left out.

If they were interested in cutting costs on the promotion, I'd rather that they make bobbleheads a kid-only item, and make sure that every kid got one. Then if a kid didn't want it (or if a family got multiples) they could sell it or give it to someone else.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do go more toward that route. They did it with the Bernie bobblehead and Lucroy jersey and backup. Could be moving away from the bobble and more kid only items.

Archived