Brewer Fanatic

2016-08-06 Brewers (Garza) at Diamondbacks (Corbin), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 15-6; 5 hits and a walk for Broxton]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 6 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (48-59) | D’backs (44-65)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/diamondbacks.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_garza-matt-11.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/diamondbacks_corbin-patrick-03.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Matt Garza[/pitcher][h2]2-4, 5.32 ERA, 1.61 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Diamondbacks | Game Log[/h3][h3]Garza has not reached the 90-pitch mark in any of his last five starts, but his second half outings offer reason for cautious optimism. They include a quality start (six innings, three earned runs) against Arizona at Miller Park.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Patrick Corbin[/pitcher][h2]4-10, 5.30 ERA, 1.57 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Corbin is 0-4 with a 7.08 ERA over his last seven starts, allowing four or more runs each time out. He hasn’t won since June 21, which was also the last time he went six innings. He owns a 2.88 ERA vs. Milwaukee in five games (four starts).[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. SS Orlando Arcia ®
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. RF Hernán Perez ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  7. CF Keon Broxton ®
  8. C Martín Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Matt Garza ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Jean Segura ®
  2. CF Michael Bourn (L)
  3. 1B Paul Goldschmidt ®
  4. 3B Jake Lamb (L)
  5. LF Yasmany Tomás ®
  6. RF David Peralta (L)
  7. C Welington Castillo ®
  8. SS Chris Owings ®
  9. LHP Patrick Corbin (L)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm never shy about expressing my hatred of Garza, so I have to say that he looks great tonight. If he's this pitcher, he's valuable.

A modest proposal: Maybe Gennett should reconsider his new career strategy of becoming the worst first-pitch hitter on the planet.

Broxton's almost got that OPS up to .700 now. I've been on his bandwagon since we acquired him so I'm really happy to see him finally doing well.

I'll deal with a .350 OBP until he figures out hitting better.

Going into tonight's game, Broxton has a .292 BA / .393 OBP / .708 SLG / 1.101 OPS on this callup.

3 for 3 tonight (including a double) just makes it prettier.

Broxton having a great game. And Braun has definitely found his power stroke. A walk, 3 for 4 with 2 HR, 3 runs, 7 RBI and a SB. 5 HR and 5 SB in the last ten games.

Couple of really nice nights.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

5 for 6 for Keon. He's raised his batting average 45 points.

Game day says 5-5 with a walk.

Even better. I got that number from BA, who was either wrong or not quite clear. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he probably said six plate appearances.

Or maybe I just didn't pay proper attention. :)

I'm never shy about expressing my hatred of Garza, so I have to say that he looks great tonight. If he's this pitcher, he's valuable.

A modest proposal: Maybe Gennett should reconsider his new career strategy of becoming the worst first-pitch hitter on the planet.

Well, it was "only" 14 team LOB. :)

Haha very true, which is why I said they could have scored 20+ instead of 30+ :)

Actually 15 team LOB as there was 1 HBP besides the 19 hits and 10 BB.

Very nice team OBP tonight!

Archived