Brewer Fanatic

Corey Hart has officially retired

markedman5

Seems like a very good guy. He holds a special place in my Brewers memory.

I first saw him play in the 2003 Southern League All Star Game.

Huntsville sent Hart, JJ Hardy, Dave Krynzel, Mike Jones, Derek Lee, Matt Parker and Luis Martinez to the game. That shows how hard it is for prospects--even stars-- to succeed in the majors.

Corey Hart was an awesome Brewer and if he's living in Arizona should become like Yount and be around a lot in spring training. If he wants to anyways. Talk about injuries derailing a career. Glad to hear he is enjoying his next step in life though. Can't get that time back with your kids.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This brought back a lot of memories. Really enjoyed watching him, even during the frustrating times when he couldn't hit an outside slider (or layoff it for that matter). He was a big reason for the success of the team during his time here. Good dude.

I feel really old that Corey Hart is retired, Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder are in the twilight's of their career, and even Lucroy and Gomez are in their 30s. At least JJ Hardy and Rickie Weeks are still hanging around.

I always felt like Corey Hart was a bit underrated when he was in his prime. He was a very good hitting corner outfielder, but I feel like he was a bit underappreciated by some fans when he was here. His defense was sometimes suspect, but his bat usually made up for those deficiencies.

My favorite Corey Hart memory was from a few years ago when my wife and I attended the "On Deck" winter event in Milwaukee. They had a kids Q&A session with Corey, Rickie Weeks, and someone else (a pitcher, I think, but can't remember who). The very first question asked, a child asked Corey Hart, "Corey, where did you go to college?"

Hart handled it pretty well. He said, "Well, I could have gone to the University of Tennessee on a baseball scholarship, but I decided to play with the Brewers instead."

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

My favorite Corey Hart memory was when he was playing third in Huntsville and he threw his glove at a batted ball he couldn't get to. People talk about baseball being a child's game played by adults, and throwing a glove at a ball hit over ones head is something that thousands of kids have done on sandlots over the years.

Congrats on a great career and the next chapter.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I feel really old that Corey Hart is retired, Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder are in the twilight's of their career, and even Lucroy and Gomez are in their 30s. At least JJ Hardy and Rickie Weeks are still hanging around.

Yeah no kidding. I came to this site the year Prince was drafted.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived