Brewer Fanatic

2016-08-05 Brewers (Anderson) at Diamondbacks (Shipley), 8:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2, 11 innings, on walkoff walk]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 5 | 8:40 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (48-58) | D’backs (43-65)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/diamondbacks.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_anderson-chase-17.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/diamondbacks_shipley-braden-04.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Chase Anderson[/pitcher][h2]6-10, 5.13 ERA, 1.44 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Diamondbacks | Game Log[/h3][h3]It’s a homecoming for Anderson, who was drafted by the D’backs in 2009 and pitched for them in 2014 and ’15 before a trade to the Brewers in January. He’s 9-7 with a 4.00 ERA in 25 career starts at Chase Field.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Braden Shipley[/pitcher][h2]1-1, 4.76 ERA, 1.59 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Shipley will be making his home debut after making the first two starts of his career in Milwaukee and Los Angeles. The Diamondbacks’ top prospect threw six scoreless innings against the Dodgers on July 30 for his first career win.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. RF Hernán Pérez ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis (L)
  7. SS Orlando Arcia ®
  8. C Martín Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Chase Anderson ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Jean Segura ®
  2. CF Michael Bourn (L)
  3. 1B Paul oldschmidt ®
  4. 3B Jake Lamb (L)
  5. LF Yasmany Tomás ®
  6. RF David Peralta (L)
  7. C Welington Castillo ®
  8. SS Chris Owings ®
  9. RHP Braden Shipley ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Fox Sports Go not working for anyone else?

Nothing's loading. I'm getting a mostly blank, mostly white screen.

Ha! If I was counsell I'd refuse to take the two bases! Segura was just trying to be nice. Shouldn't be punished.

Yeah I feel for Segura on that one. Just trying to be a good guy and the play was over.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Seriously, what more does broxton need to do to finish the season as the starting cf?
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Seriously, what more does broxton need to do to finish the season as the starting cf?

Well, Kirk hitting 4hrs in that last homestand doesnt really equal lost playing time.

By the way, that Villar 3rd base foul throw to first? Done. Forget any other 3b option. 3b filled

Counsell is drive me crazy with Broxton.

He gave Flores far more chances to get consistent at bats even though Flores doesn't possess a single plus skill and now it's Nieuwenhuis who Counsell keeps playing and in turn preventing Broxton from getting any consistent playing time, even though it's obvious that the older Nieuwenhuis has a ceiling of 5th outfielder type on a good team.

This would be driving me even more crazy if i was Stearns. He trades for Broxton and granted the kid was horrific at first, but Counsell has never allowed him to play everyday for an extended length of time to see what would happen. Hell, Broxton is finally showing some promise and in turn doesn't get a start in three straight games.

Well, Kirk hitting 4hrs in that last homestand doesnt really equal lost playing time.

This is clearly a rebuilding year. Stearns just traded three of the better players on the roster.

Nieuwenhuis is likely going to have a fairly long career playing for multiple teams as a 5th outfielder type given he can play all three OF spots, he takes walks, and can hits a few home runs.

This shouldn't be the year though where a career backup guy like Nieuwenhuis is preventing Broxton from getting consistent at bats to see if he can hit big league pitching. This won't be found out by constantly giving him erratic playing time.

They are probably putting Nieuwenhuis on display for an August trade, but I don't really know why. Every contender knows what Kirk Nieuwenhuis is at this point in his career. It's not like he's going to have a good week and suddenly be worth a top prospect.

Ha! If I was counsell I'd refuse to take the two bases! Segura was just trying to be nice. Shouldn't be punished.

Yeah I feel for Segura on that one. Just trying to be a good guy and the play was over.

The worst part is I think Arcia should have been out(?) Gennett was (what appeared to be) a step onto the field. Should have been some kind of interference on him should it not have?

I like these AZ home uniforms. Very sharp!

They have several. They may pull out the clown uniforms tomorrow.

Archived