Brewer Fanatic

Brewers claim Ben Rowen from Blue Jays

Tbadder

He reminds me of Chad Bradford. Career ERA of 1.85 but never got much of a chance before because he only throws 80 mph tops. Hopefully he's a lot like Bradford.

Moneyball (2011)

Peter Brand: Billy, this is Chad Bradford. He's a relief pitcher. He is one of the most undervalued players in baseball. His defect is that he throws funny. Nobody in the big leagues cares about him, because he looks funny. This guy could be not just the best pitcher in our bullpen, but one of the most effective relief pitchers in all of baseball. This guy should cost $3 million a year. We can get him for $237,000.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210166/quotes?item=qt1597392

I'm sure there was a purpose to this claim and the Scahill claim, but Im not seeing an imminent role with Boyer, Torres, and Marinez secure in their jobs, or a reason to hold them through the offseason.

His numbers look good, particularly the lack of homers. I like the pickup. Maybe his value can be built up. The organization has done really well identifying useful pieces like this. Torres is solid. I'm a fan of Perez. Guerra fell out of the sky, but we still latched on to him. We will see how Pina and Pinto do but I saw value in both of them. There are obviously some scouts with some good ideas on advanced acquisitions like this.

I'm sure there was a purpose to this claim and the Scahill claim, but Im not seeing an imminent role with Boyer, Torres, and Marinez secure in their jobs, or a reason to hold them through the offseason.

Stearns has tried to stockpile bullpen arms all year. He's brought in players that are free and potentially useful. Same applies here. He might not even see Milwaukee, but if there are personnel moves or injuries to the pitching staff, they have players who can step in and fill spots. If any of the pitchers he's brought in pitch well, they can be kept as a useful piece or flipped for something later, or both. Remember, Jeffress was a free acquisition in 2014.

Archived