Brewer Fanatic

Robin Yount auctioning off some of his memorabilia

It's a shame former players get to a point where they sell everything off. His #3000 ball will likely go to a collector to never be seen again. When in reality it should be in the HOF or with the Brewers.

At the end of the day money trumps everything.

It's a shame former players get to a point where they sell everything off.

No no, it's all good.

Lest devoted Yount followers worry that he has fallen on hard times and needs the money, Kohler quickly noted the two-time MVP merely is downsizing via a method nearly everyone can relate to — moving into a new house. Anyone who has done that even one time can attest the fewer boxes to unpack, the better.

I could see how one Rubbermaid tote taking up four square feet of space would be a massive inconvenience.

I don't have a problem with players selling off their old stuff. At some point, maybe it just becomes clutter.

Though I would think the team would want to aggressively bid on that stuff for future displays.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the HOF brick from the original HOF building, presented to Yount, with an engraved label, in a Home Plate shaped locking case. Lot 911.

I was in on the Walter Alston stuff from the 1975 ASG, but it got too pricey for me.

Archived