Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Wednesday 8/3 - Shuckers Play Two Early

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Brinson may be my new favorite prospect.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Brinson Slams Sky Sox Past Sounds 4-1

Dominant Hader strikes out eight as Sky Sox win fourth straight.

By Aaron Cheris / Colorado Springs Sky Sox

Colorado Springs Box Score

Lewis Brison hit a grand slam in the bottom of the 7th inning to lead the Colorado Springs Sky Sox to a 4-1 win over the Nashville Sounds. Josh Hader worked six strong innings, giving up only one run on five hits. He struck out eight batters while walking none. He threw 89 pitches, 61 for strikes. Sam Freeman worked a scoreless 7th to get the win, while Damien Magnifico didn’t give up any runs in the final two innings to get the save.

The big story of the night was newly acquired Brinson, who had two hits, including his grand slam. Nate Orf added two hits and walk. While Hader didn’t get the win, it was encouraging to see him have such a good game in Colorado Springs.

Colorado Springs Game Log

Col. Springs Bottom of the 7th

Pitching Change: Tucker Healy replaces Chris Smith.

Yadiel Rivera strikes out swinging.

Eric Young Jr. singles on a pop up to third baseman Renato Nunez.

Kyle Wren singles on a line drive to center fielder Brett Eibner. Eric Young Jr. to 3rd.

With Nate Orf batting, Kyle Wren steals (14) 2nd base.

Nate Orf walks.

Lewis Brinson hits a grand slam (1) to left field. Eric Young Jr. scores. Kyle Wren scores. Nate Orf scores.

Garrett Cooper grounds out to first baseman Matt Olson.

Andrew Susac strikes out swinging.

Game One Final: Daytona 12, Brevard County 0

Game Two Final: Daytona 5, Brevard County 1

Daytona dominates doubleheader against Manatees

By Donald Rieber, Jr., 27 Outs Baseball

Brevard County Game One Box Score

Starting pitcher Javier Salas got banged around in his 2.0 innings (9 hits, 8 runs, 6 earned runs, 1 walk, 1 strikeout).

Brevard County Game One Game Log

Corey Ray (1-for-2, 2B, BB) started the game off with a double, but unfortunately it was 1 of just 2 hits for the Manatees in the 7-inning contest.

Brevard County Game Two Box Score

Game #2 starter Bubba Derby struggled once again, ultimately giving up 5 runs over 5.0 innings.

Brevard County Game Two Game Log

After just 1 hit in the first game it appeared there was no where to go but up! Well unfortunately, it got worse. Just 1 hit recorded for Brevard County and it came from the second batter of the game. The good news is the lonely hit was a home run for Blake Allemand.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Rattlers Batter Bees 5-1

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/6/1/8/193532618/cuts/8_3_PlayerOfTheGame_Trey_Supak_0u1yy84u_6vbmktpm.jpg

Trey Supak pitched five shutout innings, allowed three hits, and struck out five to earn the win for the Rattlers on Wednesday night. (Wisconsin Timber Rattlers/Ann Mollica)

Wisconsin Boxscore

Trey Supak topped out at 95 according to Chris, his FB was mostly up, but he had to be throwing a change that ended up at the shoe tops consistently. He didn't throw it for strikes, but he induced a ton of swing and misses with it. Devin Williams topped out at 93 from what I remember, this was actually the best he's looked in my limited opportunities to watch him pitch this season.

Trent Clark (2-4) had the only multi hit game. Lucas Erceg was the DH so Jonathan Oquendo played 3rd and made a real nice pick, he looks the part defensively, he's played 3B, 2B, 1B, and SS so far this season with 3 errors total. Speaking of errors, Troy Stokes looked pretty silly misplaying the line drive in the 9th that he nearly snow coned and ultimately led to the only run for the Bees, he may have lost it in the lights. He was interviewed by the TV crew after the game and they asked him about the home run, the gist of his response was "I was looking FB and got one", sometimes baseball is pretty easy.

Wisconsin Recap

I waited for the post game from Rattler Radio but it still hasn't popped.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brinson may be my new favorite prospect.

Dude has one powerful sweet swing. I bet scouts just adore him. Everyone complained about us not having a superstar prospect in the system...well, this guy is it.

I haven't seen enough video of our prospects to feel good about putting in a top 25 ranking, but I tend to feel an agreement with much of the ranking you posted. In my head, Brinson's the new #1.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

We've been wondering about the status of 10th round LHP Blake Fox, he's been listed on the Helena roster since his signing right after the draft, but has yet to debut.

But we learn today he's not in Maryvale, but apparently has been in Helena all along, and he was able to grab a more appropriate bed after Lucas Erceg's promotion.

This video will explain --

Brewers host mom relishes opportunity for players to live in her home

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Why is Devin Williams still with Wisconsin? Spent all of '15 there. I get why they started him there this year with him starting this season late but its time to move him. Since late May he has a 2.40 ERA over 56.1 innings.

Also remains in a tandem role only after the late start to the season out of extended spring training. Hard to believe will only be 22 in September.

I don't want to insult that great Trent Clark catch, BUT that play was awful. Would have been a routine catch standing like a tree if he didn't run in 10 feet before going back.

I seriously hope that isn't how he plays on a regular basis.

Why is Devin Williams still with Wisconsin? Spent all of '15 there. I get why they started him there this year with him starting this season late but its time to move him. Since late May he has a 2.40 ERA over 56.1 innings.

Diplan and Peralta were fast tracked already, I'm not opposed to demoting Medeiros but I find that scenario extremely unlikely so who you suggest Williams replaces?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived