Brewer Fanatic

2016-08-02 Brewers (Davies) at Padres (Perdomo), 9:10 PM CDT… Arcia starts at short, hits seventh [Brewers win, 3-2]

1992casey
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The funny thing is, prior to the Kemp acquisition Nieuwenhuis had a higher OPS than any OF who had played on the Braves all season, and he is younger than all but two of them.

If we think the Brewers are in rough shape...

Villar with another base running mistake getting caught in that rundown around 3B.

It just continues, game after game, after game...

Does so many things well..... Yet again has two unforced errors on bases. Terrible.

Did anyone else just see Maldy in a split behind the plate? I haven't watched many games this year, but can't remember seeing that

He actually does it quite a bit. You'll see it a couple times a game when he starts.

Watched the play live and replay, why wasn't Cedar flapping his arms, jumping up and down, screaming- on the bag, on the bag! The guy just sucks as a base coach.

This mainly falls on Villar but I agree. Sedar looked like he was doing nothing to help him out.

Oh I completely agree with it being on Villar there. Just don't understand Cedar doing absolutely nothing.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Did anyone else just see Maldy in a split behind the plate? I haven't watched many games this year, but can't remember seeing that

He actually does it quite a bit. You'll see it a couple times a game when he starts.

I've seen him kick his leg out, but never fully sitting on the ground like he was during that pitch.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Villar with another base running mistake getting caught in that rundown around 3B.

It just continues, game after game, after game...

How can our guys keep making the same boneheaded mistakes all this time? I know these kids are young but they do stuff little leaguers won't. Whose to blame - the players, coaches or both? :tongue

Someone may want to send a memo to broadcast crew. Half pronouncing Arcia properly, half not. Guessing Auggie will call him Akea.

Arrrgh, I heard Sophia Minnaert say "AR-cia" in one sentence and "Ar-CI-a" in the very next sentence. Thankfully the radio team seems to have it down - Levering and Grindle, at least.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Scooter swings and a 3-0 pitch and pops out to left. Why would he EVER get a green light on 3-0? Silliness.

Everybody has the green light it seems. Why in the hell do they swing when it is clear the pitcher can't find the plate?? They are doing that guy a favor by putting themselves out.

Someone may want to send a memo to broadcast crew. Half pronouncing Arcia properly, half not. Guessing Auggie will call him Akea.

Arrrgh, I heard Sophia Minnaert say "AR-cia" in one sentence and "Ar-CI-a" in the very next sentence. Thankfully the radio team seems to have it down - Levering and Grindle, at least.

I think they're trying to train themselves. They know better, but they slip. When I heard Uecker in spring training, he had it down. I don't have any hope for Coshun or Augie.

The "Cadillac" way to pronounce it would be AR-cia, quickly glossing over the letter i. In Spanish, it's a two-syllable word, with the i being the weak vowel and the a being the strong one. In contrast, García, with the accent on the i, is a three-syllable word. Getting the stress on the first syllable of Arcia is likely plenty for an English speaker.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived