Brewer Fanatic

2016-08-02 Brewers (Davies) at Padres (Perdomo), 9:10 PM CDT… Arcia starts at short, hits seventh [Brewers win, 3-2]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 2 | 9:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (47-57) | Padres (46-60)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/padres.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_davies-zach-23.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/padres_perdomo-luis-03.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Zach Davies[/pitcher][h2]8-4, 3.59 ERA, 1.18 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Padres | Game Log[/h3][h3]Davies returns to the site of the best start of his month-long big league stint last year. He threw seven shutout innings in San diego in September 2015, striking out six and walking two.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Luis Perdomo[/pitcher][h2]5-4, 6.89 ERA, 1.81 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]In the span of a month and a half, Perdomo has gone from struggling Rule 5 rookie to arguably the best pitcher in the rotation, largely thanks to his nasty sinker. He’s inducing ground balls at a 58 percent clip, tied for highest in the NL.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. RF Hernan Perez ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis (L)
  7. SS Orlando Arcia ®
  8. C Martín Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Zach Davies ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Travis Jankowsk (L)
  2. 2B Ryan Schimpf (L)
  3. 1B Wil Myers ®
  4. 3B Yangervis Solarte (S)
  5. LF Alex Dickerson (L)
  6. RF Jabari Blash ®
  7. C Derek Norris ®
  8. SS José Rondón ®
  9. RHP Luis Perdomo ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully just an off night for Broxton. Would rather see him get the pt over Captain Kirk in CF the rest of the way out. Hopefully we don't see anymore of the duck and cover approach to catching fly balls that we saw last night.

Nice conscientious play by Arcia. Mighta been tempting to take the easy force out at first there on his first MLB defensive chance. Good decision, well executed, got the lead runner over at third. Making the Padres pay for Jankowski's running mistake. Welcome to the bigs!
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Someone may want to send a memo to broadcast crew. Half pronouncing Arcia properly, half not. Guessing Auggie will call him Akea.

It's not intuitive, so I can see the slip-ups. Still, Oswaldo's been around for a while. Bill's getting it right about half the time. But Augie will never get it, and Coshun will never get it.

Arcia's batting stance makes him look like a pitcher up there.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Nice job by Davies getting out of the 2nd with runners on first and third with nobody out. Of course, it didn't hurt when Rondón was called out for hitting the ball twice.

Seems like a very long swing. Has he struck out at a high rate in the minors?

His K rate has risen over the last season plus. I thought he was near even bb/k. His k rate is still below 25% and that is partly why they expect he'll maintain his batting numbers between minors and majors.

Luis Perdomo has an era over 6.00 pitching in Petco, how does that happen?

Small sample size(26innings at home), sky high WHIP, and what appear to be a bit of bad luck. Also mind you he isn't strictly a starter. They have bounced him to the bullpen too.

Two at bats and I can't stand Arcia's stance. Just seems like a very uneccessary way to bat.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Two at bats and I can't stand Arcia's stance. Just seems like a very uneccessary way to bat.

I don't like just about anything about Arcia offensively. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him becoming a plus with the bat. All his value will need to come from the glove.

These FOX sports sound effects are a distraction. Two of them just interrupted Sophia's comments, blocking out a couple of words and causing us to essentially miss the meaning of an entire sentence.

In the same vein, putting graphics on top of highlights defeats the purpose of showing the highlights.

Archived