Brewer Fanatic

Orlando Arcia called up

ELCABALLO45

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where's he going to play? They're not going to bench Villar. Gennett and Perez are currently hitting so they probably won't be benched. I'll be livid if he comes up here and just sits on the bench.

I'm really not happy about this. Why start his clock now? He is leaving plenty to be desired at AAA.

This feels like a move to appease casual fans after trading Lucroy.

You get an extra month of him I'm happy. You could in no way just bench him in September when AAA finished. You'd start his clock then and how does that work come start of next season? Are you going to play the Wait through May game to get his clock back to as if he started day 1 of 2017?

If you want to appease fans, then they should have awaited to the homestand and not this road trip right? Expect him to play every day now til he becomes a Free Agent, if that even happens. He's about what? 40days removed from Super 2 status. If Villar hadn't been such a Godsend offensively this season, I'd imagine this would have happened back then.

I'm really not happy about this. Why start his clock now? He is leaving plenty to be desired at AAA.

This feels like a move to appease casual fans after trading Lucroy.

I agree 100000000% and I would bet a lot that is why they are doing it. Short sighted move that makes little sense for the long term. He is doing OK at a hitter paradise in AAA.

Hope he can come up and hit well since someone is going to lose a starting spot(Perez?). Really a shame I just don't see the rush to promote him.

I'm fine with the timing on this. If he struggles you have justification to keep him down to start next year & maybe try to game an extra year. If he holds his own then clearly he deserves to be up.

Think this pushes Hernan back to the OF for most of his playing time, hopefully at the expense of Niewenhuis. Would like to give Keon a couple months of solid PAs.

I guess they knew he would get called up in September and wouldn't be sending him back down in 2017. I know JV has indicated he is a SS but he will still be starting at 3B and it was only a matter of time before Arcia was going to replace him. Perez should still start practically every day in in RF and still can play 3B when the other two need an off day. Could impact Arcia's rookie status next year though.

Arcia didn't hit in AAA, and won't hit in the bigs anytime soon. I'm guessing they want Darnel Coles to work with him for awhile. Still seems like this could have waited.

The team needed to continue to look at Hernan Perez at 3rd. This is going to cause all kinds of problems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Villar has some OF experience. Maybe they throw him out there to see if he can handle it. As mentioned, Perez has seen a fair amount of OF time as well.

As to the service time thing, he was coming up in September anyway. If he doesn't make the club out of spring training next year, his service clock is still manageable.

Will Villar be unhappy to play 3B?

I mean, he is more valuable as a SS so I can understand if he is. He doesn't have the traditional power that a 3B has. I expected them to try him at 2nd, but I guess scooter has been playing well enough to keep him there.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

This is for the fans. Why not just add a couple bobble head nights instead?? No reason at all to rush Arcia.

I think you're overestimating how many casual fans know who Orlando Arcia is. Don't think the promotion in and of itself sells any appreciable number of extra seats this year. If he hits .400, people will buy more tickets and it is clear promoting him was the right call in the first place. If he hits .200, most people will remain oblivious and not buy the tickets they weren't buying anyway.

I think this is first and foremost a baseball move. Let the big league coaches work with him, let's see what the Brewers have, and people here are happier because Ramon Flores gets less playing time.

Well they just traded 2 very good pitchers and a great catcher. You can't just leave your young pitchers helpless out there and what better way to give them confidence then with a potential gold glove SS?

Archived