Brewer Fanatic

Great day to be a Brewer fan

I have to say, that getting 3 more top 100 prospects to push us to 8 overall is pretty exciting. Not to mention that we have a ton of guys who will eventually be top prospects already. I'm wondering if Braun is the type of player that gets put on trade waivers and something is done then.....have to wait and see but I'm not opposed to keeping him on.

Anyone have a prediction on the PTBNL? I'm wondering if it's Cole Ragans being that they can't trade him until after the World Series

Love what they did today. Absolutely love it. Bickford and Ortiz are immediately our #2 and #3 best pitching prospects and Brinson is probably our #2 overall prospect. All guys in the top 75 overall in MLB prospect lists. Great moves.

I read Brinson is a CF. Itll be interesting to see how pt is split between him and Phillips, and to a lesser extent Taylor (assuming Brinson goes to Biloxi)

Overall though excellent moves by Stearns. And even though I liked Mejia I think for the second year in a row we benefitted from a trade being voided at the last minute.

I have to say, that getting 3 more top 100 prospects to push us to 8 overall is pretty exciting. Not to mention that we have a ton of guys who will eventually be top prospects already. I'm wondering if Braun is the type of player that gets put on trade waivers and something is done then.....have to wait and see but I'm not opposed to keeping him on.

Anyone have a prediction on the PTBNL? I'm wondering if it's Cole Ragans being that they can't trade him until after the World Series

No player from this year's draft can be named as a PTBNL in a trade right now. They are not eligible to be traded until after the World Series and any PTBNL must be eligible to be traded on the day the trade is consummated.

I read Brinson is a CF. Itll be interesting to see how pt is split between him and Phillips.

Phillips, Ray, Clark all have to step up and show they can consistently hit MiLB pitching or they might never make the show.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I read Brinson is a CF. Itll be interesting to see how pt is split between him and Phillips.

Phillips, Ray, Clark all have to step up and show they can consistently hit MiLB pitching or they might never make the show.

Here's a question: Which of the three ends the year with the highest batting average?

To be honest it's probably a little more sad. Had to trade our best catcher in history in his prime because we did such a lousy job finding pitching to compete. I know this probably had to happen but it stinks that guys like Luc couldn't come up and be a part of the Brewers winning.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

To be honest it's probably a little more sad. Had to trade our best catcher in history in his prime because we did such a lousy job finding pitching to compete. I know this probably had to happen but it stinks that guys like Luc couldn't come up and be a part of the Brewers winning.

Pitching, hitting, and defense. The Brewers simply didn't draft or develop much of anything. Sucks to trade Luc, but it's better to trade a year too early than a year too late.

I think the biggest problem was not accepting the inevitable 3-4 years ago. We kept patching together a team that we thought we could compete only to see so-so results with aging players. Mark A. seemed to think fans wanted to see a .500ish team playing every day when in fact most fans wanted to start the rebuild earlier. I'm glad that we finally accepted how lousy our organization has become and started the process. Late is better than never. We've added Brinson, Bickford, Ortiz, Ray, Phillips, Diaz and Hader in the last year alone. That's a pretty good start.

Alex Speas,

I'm teetering on the edge between liking what they did today and loving what they did today depending on who the PTBNL is in the Lucroy/Jeffress deal. If it's Mendez (unlikely), Matuella, Pedro Payano, or Palumbo I will be pretty happy.

Alex Speas,

Well that can't happen since he was just drafted. Another user reminded me that the new rule is if the PTBNL is not eligible now, he's not eligible to be an option.

I'm teetering on the edge between liking what they did today and loving what they did today depending on who the PTBNL is in the Lucroy/Jeffress deal. If it's Mendez (unlikely), Matuella, Pedro Payano, or Palumbo I will be pretty happy.

I'm wondering if the PTBNL is a lottery ticket. If they want to use the extra time to scout more, perhaps it's to see how these kids develop?

Alex Speas,

Well that can't happen since he was just drafted. Another user reminded me that the new rule is if the PTBNL is not eligible now, he's not eligible to be an option.

This is the most confusing rule cause Tom H and others on Twitter say different.

Let the PTBNL be Tavares and

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Alex Speas,

thanks ok so i guess i have to look at farther back

This is the most confusing rule cause Tom H and others on Twitter say different.

Tom H. and others are living in the past. Anyone covering baseball professionally should know about the rule change. The rest of us have an excuse. For those who've missed it, the rule changed when the entire world knew for months that Trea Turner was the PTBNL when he was traded to the Nats.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Agree. Prospects are still just prospects but they are acquiring a nice group of them! I'm also happy there seems to be a plan, obviously for a rebuild but the front office seems to have a direction as to the type of player they are looking for and trying to rebuild with. Even if everything were to fall through (which I don't think it will), I can appreciate a well thought out plan.

There's also still a fair amount of talent on the ML club. Things look to be progressing nicely imo.

I am a lot happier right now with the Brewers as an organization than I was a year ago. As for two years ago, I think that was the low point.

Guess you weren't here for the 90's :)

If there was anything to complain about the rebuild so far it was that we lacked high end talent, adding 3 top 100 prospects, including two starting pitchers, today was great. The fact that we still have some really nice players on the big league club is amazing (Carter, Gennett, Villar, Braun, Santana, Nelson, Davies, Guerra, Thornburg are all nice pieces to build on or trade at some point). I'm really excited about where we are, the depth in the farm that Stearns has created and now some additional nice top end pieces to go along with everything. It's going to be a fun few years watching players come up through this system and into the big league club!

Time will tell if this was a great day for the organization (or not).

As an outsider & follower of another club and its affiliates, I think that Stearns has made some interesting moves. I whole heartedly agree that the farm system is much better now then it was in January 2015. That said, the talent still needs to develop and then produce at the major league level.

Not every prospect will work out. Being on the top 100 listing is not a guarantee of success.

As a fan, there is reason to be excited and hope for the rebuild....

Archived