Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy and Jeffress to the Rangers for CF Lewis Brinson, RHP Luis Ortiz, PTBNL…(Lucroy comments, post 523; PTBNL is Ryan Cordell, post 581)

And That

I have a feeling the people hating this deal will be looking pretty stupid in a couple years.

I would think that anyone hating the deal would be very happy to end up looking stupid. :)

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of you are shocked after that Indians deal even? And some of you that are complaining keep saying we got two players and we got three. We don't even know how major the third piece is!

Players to be named always suck - but I'm happy with 2 1/2 players in Brinson and Ortiz

Stearns straight up murdered it today in my opinion.

It's always hard to say anything with any certainty, just because we have no idea what other offers were out there, but I strongly prefer Brinson over Gallo. And getting an arm like Ortiz along with it makes this a much better deal than the Cleveland one. Again, without knowing what we could've gotten for Jeffress by himself.

Some of you are shocked after that Indians deal even? And some of you that are complaining keep saying we got two players and we got three. We don't even know how major the third piece is!

Players to be named always suck - but I'm happy with 2 1/2 players in Brinson and Ortiz

Michael Brantley. You argument is false.

Elaborate please.

Michael Brantley gives you the stink eye.

Michael Brantley is holding on line 2............

Edit: I didn't even come in 2nd.........

Also, Gio Gonzalez and David Ortiz would like a word.

Can't copy and paste Keith Law's article since its Insider... but a couple quotes...

"Brinson, the Rangers' first-round pick in 2012, a plus-plus defernder who has great bat speed and strong wrists to generate big power. He's highly athletic with outstanding raw tools, but hasn't drawn a walk in over two weeks and has just a .282 OBP in this injury interrupted season... he has 25-30 homer potential along with that great defense, but he carries a lot of risk"

On Ortiz (who was on Law's midseason top 50 list), "High upside starting pitching prospect who's been holding his own in double-A at age 20. Ortiz has an above-average fastball and plus changeup already, with the breaking ball a work in progress... He immediately becomes the Brewers' No. 1 pitching prospect."

1) The Indians deal didn't include Jeffress.

B) Just my opinion, but I think Mejia and Cheng are very under-rated. In a year or two I think you'll be seeing them very highly ranked on prospect lists.

Brewers new Top 10 Prospects List:

Orlando Arcia

Josh Hader

Lewis Brinson

Phil Bickford

Trent Clark

Brett Phillips

Luis Ortiz

Gilbert Lara

Jacob Nottingham

Kodi Medieros

Isan Diaz is pissed!

As someone said Ray should be in there. And am i the only one who thinks Diaz, Diplan, Peralta and Woodruff could be ahead of a few on that list

Eesh didnt include recent draftees. Ray definitely slots in ahead of Clark probably but I dont imagine any other guys from this years draft land in the top 10 now. Perhaps Erceg in front of Lara.

Rangers get : Jonathan Lucroy, Jeremy Jeffress

Brewers get : Joey Gallo, Lewis Brinson, Nomar Mazara, Yohander Mendez

50% of Brewerfan.net -- THIS IS ALL WE GET FOR THESE TWO GUYS?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't think that's fair. Yes, there will always be a handful of posters who don't want to rebuild, and nothing is a good enough return. Most would be thrilled with the deal you just suggested.

It's fair to expect more than Brinson/Ortiz since Lucroy and JJ were expected to fetch a top 100 guy + another quality prospect EACH. But if the PTBNL is a solid prospect, I predict most of us will sign off on this, and many will be elated.

The PTBNL really does help imo. I like both players here but for those really pushing rankings here one has to think Brinson is dropping on those pretty soon if he doesn't start hitting. I like the players but just wished we would've gotten more with them and the PTBNL hopefully will alleviate that concern. Overall just glad to see two high ceiling pitchers come into the system today no matter how, of those and Hader we just need two to pan out as starters and we could be onto something.

The biggest frustration to me wouldn't necessarily be with our GM/management, just in the market with how little people were willing to give for Lucroy. Especially when you see what teams are getting for the likes of Beltran, Rich hill, Redick, or even Smith. Our management isn't dumb, they took the best they could get, just crazy the 2nd best C in the world with his contract situation isn't valued more throughout the league.

When we traded for CC, were the conditions of the PTBNL known? I'd kind of like Texas to bomb out because I'm petty like that, but I'd like to know if I should be rooting for them to do well in case that sweetens our return.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived