Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy and Jeffress to the Rangers for CF Lewis Brinson, RHP Luis Ortiz, PTBNL…(Lucroy comments, post 523; PTBNL is Ryan Cordell, post 581)

And That
Morosi

#Brewers receiving player to be named from #Rangers in addition to Ortiz and Brinson.

That's a relief! Hoping a contingent type as Sabathia trade was. Gives Gallo time to play for Rangers while not helping the Brewers this season. Then switch if the Rangers won the division lets say. That'd be nice

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IIRC Jeffress was self-medicating for a condition -- anxiety? -- for which he wasn't getting proper treatment. IIRC Agent39 had the story. You can make whatever moral / ethical judgments you want about that scenario, but if it's accurate (I'm being very careful here because I'm going from hazy memory), we have good reason to think the problem is firmly in his past.

Relatedly, JJ as far as I've known has been a great story for the Brewers. He came in, worked hard, did the jobs he was asked to do, moved up the ladder to closer, enjoyed great success, and now has helped to bring in a couple of key players for our future. I'll miss his talent and his presence, and I hope he blows the doors off in Arlington.

We need more, if there's not more I want to riot! Again, as what happened with Gallardo, the Rangers will offer a QO to Lucroy after next season. So it's 3 from us for 2 Prospects? Like here you go have Jeffress for free. in my opinion.

Basic agreement expires after this season I believe. I can't imagine the MLBPA isn't going to push for changes to the current QO system, given how it has limited player movement. It may not change, but there's certainly no guarantee it will stay the same.

Morosi

#Brewers receiving player to be named from #Rangers in addition to Ortiz and Brinson.

That's a relief! Hoping a contingent type as Sabathia trade was. Gives Gallo time to play for Rangers while not helping the Brewers this season. Then switch if the Rangers won the division lets say. That'd be nice

If there is a player to be named I doubt it's Gallo

It would be nice to get a youngish lefty reliever as the 3rd piece. Brewers pen is decimated.

I'd rather have a prospect with upside. Throw whatever pitcher you want in the bullpen for the rest of the year.

Morosi

What are the rules on PTBNLs re: 25-man, 40-man, 2016 draftees?

Stearns continuing to reload the farm system. Lucroy was gonna walk in 15 months and Smith has two progressively expensive arbitration years left after this season. Definitely okay with both trades today given were still at least 2018 before potentially contending again.

We need more, if there's not more I want to riot! Again, as what happened with Gallardo, the Rangers will offer a QO to Lucroy after next season. So it's 3 from us for 2 Prospects? Like here you go have Jeffress for free. in my opinion.

Basic agreement expires after this season I believe. I can't imagine the MLBPA isn't going to push for changes to the current QO system, given how it has limited player movement. It may not change, but there's certainly no guarantee it will stay the same.

No matter what they come to on agreement, there is going to be some kind of compensation on a Free Agent Loss. There is no way they rid free agent compensation completely. Lucroy is certainly worth a Comp when lost to Free Agency.

Morosi

What are the rules on PTBNLs re: 25-man, 40-man, 2016 draftees?

I remember reading on here somewhere they have to be eligible to be traded at the time the original trade went down, so basically no 2016 draftees.

Guys, guys, guys... Brinson is a possible 5 tool CF who some scouts argue has more potential than Mazara. Ortiz has a chance to be a TORP.

Stearns knocked it out of the friggin park.

Could not agree more. So much happier with Brinson and Ortiz than Gallo alone. Our OF will be outrageous in 2 years....

Guys, guys, guys... Brinson is a possible 5 tool CF who some scouts argue has more potential than Mazara. Ortiz has a chance to be a TORP.

Totally disagree with this.

Totally disagree with this.

Why is that? Both prospects we got from TX are higher rated than the CLE deal. This is quality.

Archived