Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy and Jeffress to the Rangers for CF Lewis Brinson, RHP Luis Ortiz, PTBNL…(Lucroy comments, post 523; PTBNL is Ryan Cordell, post 581)

And That
  • Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it's just two for two, this sucks. But it sounds like it is.

Agree. I'm not sold on Gallo, so Brinson and Ortiz are great pieces but with Jeffress in the deal there needs to at least one quality minor league bullpen arm in the deal.

Don't think anyone will be happy with a Lucroy trade. I know he's been a favorite for years, but the market just was not there for him. The expectations need to come down; teams were not biting on him. I think that's pretty clear.

Yes but with the addition of Jeffress, we should be getting more than 2 players.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
21st and 63rd ranked prospects according to mlb. Not sure how much more we get.

Yeah, this is pretty much my reaction. Two very good looking guys. I know Brinson has struggled repeating AAA this year. But he did great at AA last year (110 ABs). He's had two DL stints, so there might be some reasoning behind his less than stellar season. Still #30 on BA's midseason list.

I would MUCH rather have Gallo than Brinson if it's a 2 for 2. I can't believe we couldn't even get a couple of younger lottery tickets. I like the Cleveland trade much better.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Be happy we just got a TOR starter.

Evan Grant‏ @Evan_P_Grant

Scouts told me Ortiz was one pitcher in Rangers system who was certain to be better than a No. 3 starter

Like I said Ortiz alone is a better offer than the Indians entire package.

Put without Gallo, why Jeffress, I thought the rumor was if Gallo was to be included, a Jeffress or Smith had to be included....Well we included him!

Be happy we just got a TOR starter.

Evan Grant‏ @Evan_P_Grant

Scouts told me Ortiz was one pitcher in Rangers system who was certain to be better than a No. 3 starter

Like I said Ortiz alone is a better offer than the Indians entire package.

Put without Gallo, why Jeffress, I thought the rumor was if Gallo was to be included, a Jeffress or Smith had to be included....Well we included him!

Brinson is a pretty comparable comp value wise. They said they would trade Brinson for anyone but Sale. They would have preferred Gallo a week ago.

Jeffress alone should have netted Brinson and Ortiz. There must be more to this deal.

Huh? This board makes me scratch my head all the time. Smith just netted the 65 overall prospect and a backup MLB C and you think Jeffress is going to net the 21 and 63 overall prospects? My goodness you guys need a reality check on the market

Archived